Blood Status || Marauders Era

By XEllie_writerX

Athena was a normal girl.. That part was already very wrong. Athena Pattinson was the daughter of a Purebloo... More

Character list
A Playlist
Prologue
Chapter 1|| Meeting my future
Chapter 2|| My house at last
Chapter 3|| My first day
Chapter 4|| The first prank.
Chapter 5|| Detention and confessions
Chapter 6|| Christmas break
Chapter 7|| Back again.
Chapter 8|| Not hearing the end.
Chapter 9|| Easter
Chapter 10|| Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff
Chapter 11|| Lily knows.
Chapter 12|| It's a date?
Chapter 13|| Summer with the Pattinsons
Chapter 14|| Start of second year
Chapter 15|| A big welcome back
Chapter 16|| A conversation.
Chapter 17|| McGonagall is a badass
Chapter 18|| Quidditch try outs.
Chapter 19|| Ugh boys.
Chapter 20|| Winter break
Chapter 21|| Hogwarts, a cloak and Evans.
Chapter 22|| My first Quidditch game
Chapter 23|| Why, Sirius?
Chapter 24|| Jealousy
Chapter 25|| Well rounded prank
Chapter 26|| Summer but with.. Slytherins?
Chapter 27|| Home again
Chapter 28|| Remus, I know.
Chapter 29|| Animagus
Chapter 30|| Ask McGonagall
Chapter 31|| A Hogsmeade werewolf
Chapter 32|| Marlene and Potions
Chapter 33|| Quidditch
Chapter 34|| The Mirror
Chapter 35|| Sneaking in Slytherin
Chapter 36|| Zabini said what?
Chapter 37|| Going home for Christmas
Chapter 38|| The Ball
Chapter 39|| A Valentine's surprise
Chapter 40|| April fools?
Chapter 41|| Chaotic Train Rides
Chapter 42|| The Evan's House
Chapter 43|| Love life
Chapter 45|| Polyjuice
Chapter 46|| A Hogsmeade date?
Chapter 47|| A Quidditch Party
Chapter 48|| Moonlight
Chapter 49|| Planned Chaos
Chapter 50|| The Festive Season
Chapter 51|| Break a leg
Chapter 52|| Patronus
Chapter 53|| Hog's Head
Chapter 54|| The List
Chapter 55|| Snape and werewolves
Chapter 56|| Goodbye 4th Year
Chapter 57|| Prefect
Chapter 58|| Silence
Chapter 59|| The Map
Chapter 60|| Animals
Chapter 61|| Christmas Shopping
Chapter 62|| Careers
Chapter 63|| A Prank on time
Chapter 64|| Confrontation
Chapter 65|| Snape's worst memory
Chapter 66|| After
Chapter 67|| Running Away
Chapter 68|| Scars
Chapter 69|| A dark start to Sixth year
Chapter 70|| A.. small disagreement
Chapter 71|| A prank. On me
Chapter 72|| Christmas
Chapter 73|| A crush
Chapter 74|| Valentines
Chapter 75|| Love Potions
Chapter 76|| A Quidditch Party Kiss
Chapter 77|| June
Chapter 78|| Diagon Alley
Chapter 79|| 7th year
Chapter 80|| Try outs
Chapter 81|| Halloween Party Secrets
Chapter 82|| Rivalry
Chapter 83|| Dates and News
Chapter 84|| A secret relationship
Chapter 85|| Deadly Christmas
Chapter 86|| Pranking and parties
Chapter 87|| An Orderly Easter
Chapter 88|| Potions and Revelations
Chapter 89|| Graduation
Chapter 90|| The Order
Chapter 91|| The Summer of '80
Chapter 92|| Promise?
Chapter 93|| Mission
Chapter 94|| Worries
Chapter 95|| Tales
Chapter 96|| A war Christmas
Chapter 97|| Harry James Potter
Chapter 98|| Downfall
Chapter 99|| Grief
Chapter 100|| Fight
Chapter 101|| Surprises
Chapter 102|| Leo Cronus Black

Chapter 44|| Making a mess.

12 0 0
By XEllie_writerX

I'd gone to the Gryffindor common room and bumped into Gideon on the way there, who actually stopped me for five minutes to talk about the switch in Quidditch team Captain, and that this year it was himself. I had a sudden flashback of third year when Fabian was Quidditch Captain, and he had made us do three laps of the field after a whole game of practice just for fun. 

Gideon had also told me that there was no need to worry, as he wouldn't change the team as no one was leaving the school, and he told me to pass on the message to James.

Niamh Balocca was our other Chaser, and she was now in seventh year, myself and James were the other two Chasers. Richard Carter was in sixth year as our Seeker, and Natasha Rogers - someone who I find a good friend - was our Keeper in fifth year. I was wondering that next year if Fabian and Gideon would alternate again, or if they would delegate the Captaincy to someone else on the team. 

If so, it would probably be Natasha, because she could actually take things seriously.

"Are you not going on a date with James?" Lily asked me as she sat on her bed. I'd just gone up to our dormitory room to change from our school robes into some of my comfier own clothes, and on the way, I had bumped into Lily who was petting her cat Crookshanks. The cat was rather nice to us, but it was a menace to everyone else who dared look her way.

Pulling a highly disgusted face, I put on a beige coloured jumper and tied up my hair, "It's not a date Lily, I don't like James like that, anyway, I wouldn't take James away from you." She made a funny noise and glared at me, all while I just laughed and ambled away.

I walked down the dorm steps into the middle of the common room and spotted Remus sat on one of the armchairs by the fire, reading something with a cup of coffee in one of his hands. For once, he looked peaceful and content, as he deserved to feel. I walked over to where he was sat, and decided to sit in one of the surrounding armchairs, waiting for James to show up. 

"How can I help you Athena?" Remus asked me, not looking up from his pages. The front cover of the book looked quite confusing, and as I looked at the book he was reading, I just said, "I'm just waiting for James, but that doesn't matter, what are you reading?"

He lifted up the cover to properly show me, and I saw that the book was called Oliver Twist - an odd Muggle tale about an orphan boy. I didn't want to interrupt him any more, especially as he then pulled the book back towards himself and turned the page. I sat there next to him in silence for a few minutes, looking at my hands in my lap and then after the first three minutes, I heard a noise coming from the stairs of the boy's dormitory. 

I turned around to see James, in a fluffy red and white jumper, practically skipping down the stairs and grinning, excited to show me how to bake a cake. "Are you coming then?" he asked me excitedly. I stood up and smiled at his enthusiasm, pulling the sleeves over my hands and following him out of the common room and down the sets of marble staircases, past the Great Hall and down near the Hufflepuff area. 

We walked past the Hufflepuff common room and round a corner, until I saw a rather large painting of a bowl of fruit in the frame. It was a very interesting sight when James walked up to the said painting and tickled the piece of fruit. I stood there, not knowing what was going to happen, half expecting nothing to happen, but suddenly, the pear giggled and the portrait swung open.

I looked at James, impressed with his knowledge, and he just shrugged his shoulders, running a hand through his already messy locks of hair. I stepped into the kitchen, and myself and James were immediately bombarded with house elves with their big, pointy ears and large, round eyes. The nearest house elf was jumping up and down, smiling at the thought of being visited by someone. 

James spoke first, "Hello everyone, Athena and I have come to make a cake." One small house elf with a tiny button nose squeaked, "What flavour would you like sir?" 

I shook my head kindly at the elf, enjoying their tiny faces of surprise as I said my next words, "We want to do it ourselves."

After the initial shock had disappeared, the small elves left us to our own devices, and occasionally hovered around the kitchen or went into different rooms to clean up. James looked through many cupboards and said, "See if you can find any plain flour Thea." I looked through the higher cupboards and the lower ones and eventually found a bag labelled 'plain flour' and passed it to James who already had ingredients by his side, everything nearly ready. 

James had me mixing some ingredients together, an experience I found highly exciting, and after a short while, he told me all about baking cakes with his mother when he was younger, and I could tell it was one of his favourite past times and it was making him happier to even get near the oven. 

Although, I did break him out of his memories as I wanted to know why he had asked me to do this with him, and so when I did so, he told me simply, "I wanted you to experience a moment you wouldn't have had in your childhood."

I stopped everything that I was doing and stared at him, the whisk in my hand, bowl of rather messy ingredients in the other. To James, his words were not really a big deal, and he continued to mix something together for the icing and prepare the baking tray, but to me, it was something I had been waiting to hear for my entire life. James Potter really was one of a kind.

I was continuing to whisk the ingredients together, melting at the Potter's kindness, when James suddenly stopped me as he said, "I forgot to add the two eggs in." He then cracked both of the eggs and broke them clean into the mixture easily, making it seem a lot easier than it actually was, all with just one hand.

After about ten minutes, I placed the cake mix into the oven whilst James finished on the chocolate icing, which smelt extremely delicious. The smell of the chocolate cake made me hungry, even after I'd eaten my dinner at the normal time. I knew I wouldn't be able to eat it, but sometimes my appetite betrayed me.

James then finished off the icing and sat on a newly clean counter as he said, "Welcome back to Hogwarts, I have a slight inclination to prank some people while the cake is cooling." I rolled my eyes at him as he said it was one of his first priorities, and after 20 minutes of him trying to devise something on his own, I took the cake out of the oven.

"I have an idea! Why don't I just put Polyjuice potion into the pumpkin juice?" James exclaimed. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow, already knowing the answer, "Do you just so happen to have any Polyjuice potion?" I highly doubted it as of course it took at least a month to make, and it was extremely complicated with many different aspects needed to make it and such. 

What I did not expect was James to be.. himself and say, "Actually, that would be a good point.. if you weren't James Potter. Who do you think I am? Of course I have a small supply of Polyjuice potion stored in my pocket at all times. Just for special, impulsive occasions."

And so, that was the story of how I had finished putting icing on a chocolate cake and James had added a small amount of Polyjuice potion to the pumpkin juice ready for breakfast the next morning, and then told the house elves to send it up and not tell anybody. The house elf was nervous, but he saluted and told James he would do so.

The one thing I did do after that, was check the curly haired boys pockets, just in case he had anything else stored in his pockets, in which I found his wand, a small vial of Veritaserum, and a liquorice wand. I was in awe. How this boy got away everything was a mystery.

Just then, a black haired bed head with grey eyes walked in, and a swarm of house elves greeted him at the door. Sirius smiled, walked over to us and asked for a sandwich and a pumpkin juice from the elves. I was about to warn Sirius, but James waved at me discreetly to be quiet, and we just watched as the boy took a bite of his cheese sandwich and then drank a sip of the potioned juice. 

It was like watching something in slow motion, as the slightly attractive teenage boy transformed into an unsuspecting James in just a few seconds.

Sirius blinked like nothing had happened and then coughed, "What was in that pumpkin juice? It tasted like pepper but I might not be sure." His voice even sounded slightly like James', but maybe Sirius was just too tired to even notice, it was only until he turned around and ran a hand through his hair that he shrieked and pulled out the two way mirror that he had procured last year. 

Except this time, the black haired boy said no name, but continued to stare into the actual mirror, his jaw hanging open.

"Why has my hair changed into James'? And why is my face structure changed, my eye colour changed, hell even my body has changed!" Sirius shouted. James looked once at me and then back at one of his best friends and asked, "Is that such a bad thing?" Sirius gasped and took a dramatic bite of the sandwich, his eye twitching. 

He repeated, whispering dangerously, "Is that a bad thing? Is that a bad thing? Of course it is dumbass, I can practically feel my attractiveness disappearing, dripping through my soul, my hair has shrunk, and my eyes are now an ugly colour."

James looked at his new double and frowned, "I look much better than you describe me. Thank you Sirius, for being my personal mirror." I then watched at the newly changed boy fire twenty questions at the real James, before charging over to him and throwing the cheese sandwich at his face. 

I took this as my queue to leave quietly, thanking the house elves for the patience, grabbing the decorated cake, and laughing to myself as I was about to tell a few important people about what had just happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 356 73
"I'm sorry, I just... remembered something," she muttered as her fingers traced the scars on her throat. He placed his hands on her shoulders before...
36.6K 2.1K 56
Ever since Luna Everleigh was little, she's been called crazy. Mad. Lunatic. And she's never had to wonder why. She knows no one else can see her bes...
40K 1.3K 29
"So if its words that you are looking for McKinnon, I am fluently gifted with the art of speaking. But I'd much rather spend every day showing you ex...
139K 4.7K 75
When a young girl befriends both the Marauders and Severus Snape, chaos ensues as she is constantly forced to pick a side. Tensions rise as she is in...