Chapter 23|| Why, Sirius?

"Hello Evans, having a nice day?" That was what I woke up to, as I opened my eyes to a scream coming from said woman. "Oh, you're awake now Thea, James don't drop me!" I sat up straight in bed, I was in the girl's dorms but why was I hearing the voice of a male, specifically Sirius Black's voice. 

I looked over to the direction of the scream and saw Lily, with her face pale, and her mouth hanging open in shock. I saw Marlene rush out of the bathroom, hurriedly looking around for the trouble, the rest must be at breakfast. It was a Sunday.

I got out of my bed and looked out of the window the two girls were looking out of, and nearly jumped out of my skin. Sirius Black was hovering above our dormitory window, and he waving at us all with a grin on his face. I flung open the window and pulled him inside, James on his broomstick, holding Sirius' collar fell in too. I looked at them both in a tangle of limbs on the floor.

"WHAT THE HELL, SIRIUS ORION BLACK!" I shouted. Waking up to a boy hovering above your window and a girl's scream is not something a cranky person would like to wake up to. I saw his half sheepish, half annoyed look on his face as he mumbled, "I wish I didn't tell you my middle name." I ignored his remark and turned to his friend who gripped tighter to his broomstick.

I looked at James and spoke with irritation, "James Fleamont Potter, please tell me why you was dangling Sirius above the girls bedroom window. You'd better have a good explanation or I'll stick your head onto the end of that broom." 

He winced, knowing that I would fully commit to my cause, and he mumbled something, not hearing him the first time, I stared coldly, and he said quietly, "Well, we both found it unfair that you was allowed in our room but we weren't allowed in yours." 

"With good reason Potter," Marlene said icily from beside me. James grinned up at her flatteringly and stood up slowly, Sirius doing the same and saying to her, obviously trying to get back into her good books, "How lovely to see you on a weekend Marlene, done something new to your hair? Cut it perhaps?" 

She cracked her knuckles viciously and muttered, "No, but yours will if you don't get out of here in three... two.... one." Sirius and James both ran rapidly from the room, and I heard laughter from below.

I opened the door slightly and heard Remus and Peter laughing at them both, Remus saying cheerily, "I told you they wouldn't react positively about you two above their window. You should've just asked them to accompany you on the stairs up." I heard a shriek and James' voice saying, "You can do that?" Laughing at their antics, my frustration at them waking me up was ebbing away.

"Honestly, they're so unintelligent, what do they think that our reaction would be? And their triumphant smiles just vex me," Lily huffed, venting out her thoughts. Marlene patted her on the shoulder, but she didn't seem to sympathetic, and she said, "At least you had me, if I wasn't there they probably would've stayed. They're not scared of you Lily, James actually kind of likes you, I think anyways."

I joined in to give my opinion, knowing what type of people that those boys really were, and added, "Unfortunately." I really felt intense sympathy towards her, because having James Potter like you, was like having another shadow, and it must have been some unspoken torture.

Walking down the marble stairs and into the Great Hall, I spotted the four Marauders pushing each other near the doorway and chuckling loudly. I heard one of them say, "Have you ever just thought that James and Sirius and Remus is plural, like more than one Jame, Siriu and Remu. WHY IS PETER NOT PLURAL!" 

I giggled at their antics - and the very strange conversation - and as I came down to the bottom of the stairs, I then also heard Peter try and defend himself by saying nothing exactly worthwhile, "At least I'm actually called Peter, your parents have been lying to you and not calling you Jame."