Chapter 31|| A Hogsmeade werewolf

It was some point in early November, and it was a very irregular free Friday where we didn't have to do Potions, double Charms, Herbology or Ancient runes, and we could go to Hogsmeade. There was only one downside, it was the full moon tomorrow, and Remus had explained to us how he didn't like to risk the symptoms coming early so he always left the day before. That meant he couldn't join us in the carriage or the trip to Hogsmeade.

We promised him that if we couldn't see him when we came back, we'd give him something when we could, and that the next time it would be fore sure that he was coming with us. It left a bitter sweet atmosphere as we stepped into the horseless carriages on our way to Hogsmeade, just the four of us sharing with an irritable Lily and a carefree Dorcas Meadows. 

Dorcas was striking up a conversation with me and it was an awkward atmosphere. We all knew about Remus except from her.

Getting out of the carriage, thankfully, I decided to divide my time between the two groups, I was initially going to go with the boys but Lily had asked, or pleaded, me to go with the girls so I was going to spend the morning with the Marauders, and the afternoon with the girls. There was a lot of chaos in the morning with the boys planned, and so I hoped we would get over it quickly.

I would also be meeting Lily and the others in the three broomsticks at twelve, and I've heard many things about that place. Leon Jordan swore to me once that he saw a hag in the three broomsticks as she talked to herself and ordered thirteen Firewhiskeys. I didn't know if he was telling the truth, but Fabian agreed with him so I was suspicious.

James asked if we could go and see Zonko's joke shop first, as he'd heard many things about it from the Prewett twins. The shop definitely lived up to it's glory. Zonko's didn't look very big or like much on the outside, the red paint decorating it, but as you walked inside, it was large and spacious, the shelves lined with all kinds of pranking products, and the floor different coloured tiles. 

There was multiple people in the crowded shop, both students on the public, all with a love of joking around. The boys all bought many things from the shop, their pockets full and their money bags considerably lighter. It seemed stupid to other people to spend so much on these products, but what they didn't know was that there was a reputation as Marauders to uphold, and it created a source of their happiness. 

I didn't buy as much, only certain smaller items like nose biting teacups and frog spawn soap. They were easily concealed and they had a very funny affect, it was the best present to your evil parents.

After a long time in the shop, the boys and I had all agreed we wanted to explore around the Shrieking Shack. It was only recently rumoured to be filled with a ghost or murderous spirit, the rumour started exactly a few weeks after we arrived at Hogwarts. I also had a sneaking suspicious what was causing the dreadful noise that the villagers heard. 

But, I wouldn't stop the rumour any time soon, as it was quite entertaining. Especially to the more naïve of us all.

"Do you really think it's haunted Athena?" Peter asked nervously. We were stood a little in front of the other two, standing at the fence and staring at the huge wooden house. Peter glanced at me while I laughed and shook my head, it would do no good to worry a boy that already had so much running through his head. 

James and Sirius snuck behind us both and shouted suddenly, causing shock to kick in and Peter to scream. The two were holding onto each other and laughing at our reactions, James adding, "Thea doesn't know what she's talking about, the Shack is infested with ghouls and spirits which are out for revenge." 

I hit him across the head and tried to calm Peter down, Sirius had a large grin on his face as he watched the curly haired boy flinch and mumble a hurried apology. I put an arm on Peter's shoulder and said, "How about we all just go to The Three Broomsticks and not petrify each other."