Chapter 27|| Home again

After I'd gotten home from the Rosier household, I didn't talk to my parents or my sister, and I only came out of my room if necessary. It had been a horrible experience, and they had almost nearly drilled dreadful imageries into my mind about a woman's place and about what a Pureblood should truly be like. 

I was just relived when it was September the first again, and I was finally going back to Hogwarts to meet with my friends again. I was going back home, to a place where I belonged.

Getting on the train with my trunk and ignoring my sister as she walked over to talk to Regulus and the suspicious Gryffindor Vaughn, I walked into an empty compartment as it was quite early. I had wanted to get away from my parents as soon as possible, but lied and told them that there was something I needed to do.

And then, as my trunk was put away, I placed my owl Jinx on the luggage rack, putting food in the cage so that it wouldn't make too much fuss for the rest of the journey. I sat down and waited to talk to and tell the Marauders, or the girls, about my awful summer.

"Well guess who it is! And blimey, you look like you've grown two years. Have you lost your baby cheeks, styled your hair different or both?" Sirius questioned. I turned to him happily, for once in a long time, to look at Sirius with a raised eyebrow of course, most of what he said was exaggerative and questionable. But I could say the same. 

Not seeing someone for two months is obviously worthy of them changing a lot, especially as teenagers, as he was a lot better looking than last year, but his humour was still the same. Terrible.

James stood behind him, a cocky grin on his face as he ruffled his curly hair, a new thing he did, saying, "Shut it Sirius, we've all grown up. Remember, we haven't seen each other for two whole months, we're bound to look different." The boy had obviously grown a few inches, and his hair was even messier - if possible - and it looked like he'd had a change of glasses. 

James and Sirius were also attracting a lot of attention both male and female, one blonde walked past and giggled to her friend, pointing to them. This would definitely make them even more insufferable this year, I noted. "We've done it, we're famous James," the black haired boy said energetically. 

James grinned back, and I stated, "Actually, you're just quite handsome and very chaotic (unless you've forgotten last years pranks), you're bound to be known." James whistled, his best friend laughing, and they both looked at the compartment door and waved to everybody who walked past. They were going to wave again to somebody, until a familiar boy opened the door.

"Don't wave to me, I don't want to say hello to you Sirius," Remus complained. He'd grown and it looked like a whole foot, he was taller than the rest of us anyway, although I didn't know why he grew so fast. His hair was a lighter shade of brown - probably from the summer sun - and his eyed smiled tellingly as he looked at his friends. 

Even if no one else noticed he was secretly happy to see us, I did. I noticed too much about him, and that was why I wanted to talk to him tomorrow. I knew we both needed the rest first.

A shorter, extremely skinny boy opened the door, eyeing it's occupants. He smiled at us all and lifted his hand for a high five, but awkwardly put it back down halfway through. He hadn't changed much, his features still awkward, his smile half forced half real, as though he didn't know which emotion he was allowed to feel. His eyes still showed a certain warmth to the world, a flame not yet ran out.

The train ride was chaos, Dr Filibuster fireworks exploding out of a certain someone's trunk halfway through, Peter coming back with arms full of snacks for everyone, Remus sighing exasperatedly and constantly in the corner, laughing as James was rejected yet again by Lily when she walked past. It was already starting to feel like home again, I was back with the boys I loved the most, my best friends and saviours.