Chapter 10|| Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff

It was the day of a very important Quidditch match today, and it was Gryffindor vs the last match winners: Hufflepuff. It had been a month since the Easter break and a month since we had dyed the hair of certain Slytherins pink. It didn't have a counter curse, but it did fade off yesterday. Luckily for them, and luckily for us, otherwise we would have had serious problems with the Slytherins.

James, Mary and Sirius were too excited for the upcoming match and I must admit, so was I. I'd watched the others, but not with much attention as this was the match. This was the match to see if Gryffindor was in the running for the winners spot, or if they will stay either second or third.

The boys were all extremely excited for another game as every time Gryffindor had been against someone, they were yelling and cheering throughout the whole thing. Mary and Marlene were also extremely happy about another game, but the rest of the girls would rather sit and talk or study in the library for the end of year exams. On the way to the pitch I overheard Mary talking to Remus about the line-up for this game and how their last Keeper was ill so he'd been replaced.

"So, it's Fabian and Gideon for Beaters, Wood for Keeper, Johnson and McIntosh and Bell for Chasers, finally Jacques for Seeker, pity McLaggen was ill, he's a decent player, but Wood might be better in my opinion. Crazy right?" Mary rambled. I heard Remus chuckle weakly. It seemed that he'd had enough of her for one afternoon.

 Lupin said cautiously, "Really crazy coincidence, Mary, do you mind if I don't really talk, I have a headache." It was Sunday 28th of May, and Remus had told us all that he was going to see his parents again.

I felt sorry for Remus, but even sorrier for poor Davey Gudgeon a year above us and as a huge territorial tree was planted when we arrived for unknown - probably Hagrid - reasons.  The boy nearly lost one of his eyes over the Easter Break, so to say that week was calm would be quite the opposite. 

The boy was in Hufflepuff, and his parents were distraught when they saw him in the hospital wing, or so I've been told by informants. He apparently sustained many cuts, and his eyeball now had a large scar over it, but he hadn't appeared out of the wing yet so nobody knew for sure. 

He did also play for the Hufflepuff Quidditch team as a chaser, and so the team wasn't happy he was injured but everyone - or mostly everyone - felt bad that he was an idiot, and that he had injuries. Mainly the latter.

The noise and excitement for the match surpassed the sorrow for Davey and both teams were nice enough to not harm each other but wanted to win so much that they resorted to verbal injustice, already telling each other the flaws and that they were going to win.

Walking onto the pitch to get to the stands, I felt the same claustrophobia that I did every match with way too many people to be deemed necessary as there was all houses from all years. Then there was the feeling of dread the team would lose and we would have to endure a depressing atmosphere in the common room - it was definitely the worst - and the happiness if we did win and the party later on. 

To add to all of it, there was the tumultuous amount of noise, laughter, shouting and chatter in the stands and the feeling of many people pressing against each other. It was a claustrophobic nightmare, but it must be worth it if the same students kept coming to the match each and every time.

I was stood next to Lily and the other side of me was James, and it was a nightmare between these two, one was muttering complaints about the amount of people, and the other yelling different Quidditch related things to Sirius next to him, trying to talk over all of the other people. I was about to turn and talk to Aafiya about how we should navigate our way to someone safer and lower down, when I heard a familiar voice from the megaphone.