Chapter 65|| Snape's worst memory

It was time for our exams, it was June and our first exam was the Defence one. Only this time, it was our O.W.L's, and they were very important. Our Defence Professor had left only weeks before due to personal matters, and so we had free DADA revision periods every week. Flitwick would be leading the exams as he had volunteered, but I guess it didn't matter who led the exams, it was the teaching that was important. 

And that was a miss.

The Defence O.W.L written would take two hours, and it would lead us up to our break and after that we had our DADA practical examination up until lunch. After that, it was independent revision for an hour before the school day officially ended, but I knew that everyone would still be studying; we had a Transfiguration theoretical and practical the next day.  

The only people that I knew that weren't worrying about said exams were the Marauders, and Andre but I never knew what he was thinking, no one ever really did.

Our exam began at nine in the morning sharp, and just the timer started I knew that I was already bored. The paper took approximately an hour to fill out, and then ten minutes to go back through and check, making sure that every question was answered. But after that, there was still around forty minutes of waiting for it to finish, waiting for the bell to ring and the timer to stop. 

The only entertainment I could find was doodling on scrap paper, and glancing around to try and spot my friends. "Five minutes left," Flitwick said suddenly, and I took that as my cue to start putting away my quill and putting the doodles in my pocket. 

I looked back slightly to see James finished, rolling up his paper, he was looking four seats behind him at Sirius, who was leaning back in his chair. The two boys gave each other thumbs ups, and then James winked at me. Two seats along and one behind was Remus, who was immersed in the exam. At the other side of the room was Peter, who was staring down at his paper.

We had all decided to forgive Sirius for what he had done, it was reckless, stupid and downright wrong of him to do, as it put everyone in the situation into jeopardy. However, if someone asked why we forgave him, if they knew the situation of course, they would be asked this question, "Have you ever tried to ignore Sirius Black for at least two days." 

The answer is that it is impossible to even try.

"Quills down please, that means you too Stebbins, please remain seated while I collect your parchment. Accio," Flitwick said. That signalled the end of the exam and it also signalled a collective sigh between the rows. I looked to see Stebbins who was finishing his sentence hurriedly, and after a few seconds, he put down his quill with a small smile. "Very well everybody, you're free to go," Flitwick said. The only sound heard was scraping chairs.

Walking out together, Sirius said, "Did you like question ten Moony?" I grinned, remembering the question. Remus smiled too, relying, "Loved it. Give five signs that identify the werewolf. Excellent question." I couldn't remember what I had written but since we had started to hang around wolf Remus, the question was quite easy. I only had to think back to what I recognised of his features on the full moon nights.

James teased, "Do you think you managed to get all the signs?" I looked to Remus for his answer knowing it wouldn't be serious. The light haired brunette said, "Think I did. One, he's sitting in my chair. Two, he's wearing my clothes. Three, his name's Remus Lupin." Most of us laughed, all except Peter, he was obviously still stressing, he said, "I got the snout shape, the pupils of the eyes and the tufted tails, but I couldn't think of what else."

"How thick are you? You run around with a werewolf once a month," James groaned. "Don't be so mean Prongs," I told the boy, watching him push up his glasses. It was bad enough that they teased Peter on a daily basis.  Remus grinned at me, "Yeah Prongs, don't be mean. And keep your voice down." I looked around to see if anyone was listening in, there was many people around us but none of them were listening.