Chapter 61|| Christmas Shopping

Going to the Potter's every Christmas was getting to be more of a tradition. It was like our yearly celebration, and of course James was the instigator of it all. Only this time, it wasn't just me and Sirius joining the Potter's, it was Remus and Peter as well. It was like a Marauders, plus the Potter's and I Christmas. 

But in addition to that, it was Euphemia and Fleamont's 30th anniversary, so there would be a party, and even more people on Christmas Eve (which was the day of their anniversary).

"So it'll be us for the whole holiday but some random people and close family on the twenty fourth?" Sirius asked for the fiftieth time as we sat on the train going back to the station. James grunted out a, "Yes Pads." We had called each other the names since Remus had came back, but we had not yet shown him we could change into animagus, as we would do that on Christmas day, as an extra present to him.

"I need to go and see the girls, wish them a Happy Christmas and stuff," I told the boys, getting up from my seat and opening the door. "Will Lily be there?" James asked me, seemingly innocently. I nodded to him but even as he went to talk to me again, I walked into the corridor and shut the door on him, going to find the girl's compartment.

I shook my head as I walked, James was getting more and more desperate ever since Remus had been partnered with Lily for a Potions class, even though the boy swore he wouldn't 'steal' James' crush, to which I reminded him that she wasn't James' in the first place.

Opening the door of the compartment the girls were in - it was just a long corridor down from ours - I waved at them all, and as I stepped in, Marlene asked, "Are the boys being idiots, or do you just want to join the better half of the year?" I grinned at her and shrugged my shoulders, it was both options, but I couldn't say either of them. 

"Both," Mary voiced, and Lily agreed with her passionately, if there was one thing Lily was, it was a hater, and I loved it. Alice sighed, "Boys aren't that bad." Aafiya, Mary, Marlene, and I all frowned at her.

Once the train stopped, I realised that I had been with the girls for around an hour, and I went back to my original compartment to get my owl. Upon seeing the boys just walking out of the compartment, I spotted Peter carrying my owl, Jinx hooting wildly in it's cage, a distressed Peter telling it to be quiet. 

Laughing, I walked over to help him and as soon as I took the cage off of him, Jinx stopped hooting. "That's hardly fair," Peter mumbled, to which I childishly stuck my tongue out at. 

I went with the boys to find Mr and Mrs Potter, in which they were stood, hand in hand, waiting for us. "Had a nice term boys?" Mrs Potter said to them but when I coughed, she just chuckled, "and you of course Athena." Before I could reply, Sirius struck out to give her a very detailed account of everything that had happened this term.

Eventually, with all of our things, and each other, we held on to anyone's arm that we could grab, and apparated to the Potter manor. Myself and Sirius had been there plenty of times, but Peter and Remus had only been there once respectively.

"It's still pretty big place every time I see it, no wonder you like being rich Prongs," Peter said in awe. James said something quietly, which wasn't in his nature, but then he started to play with his hair and I rolled my eyes. 

"James, go and show Peter and Remus to their rooms, Sirius and Athena already know where you're staying, don't you?" Myself and the black haired boy both nodded and followed each other up the staircase, and then split to our respective rooms.

After putting all of my things down and giving my owl some treats, I made my way over to James' room to see where the others were all staying, as I knew he'd tell me. And just like that, I saw all four boys sprawled out across the room, two on the bed, one on a chair, the other on the window seat, legs dangling down.