Chapter 25|| Well rounded prank

In the match against Hufflepuff, we'd smashed them out of the park with amazing skills with the Quaffle, and the wonderful Snitch catching, and great strategies from the Keeper and Beaters. In all reality, we'd won the match by one hundred and thirty points, as they were keeping up well, before Jacques caught the snitch right under the other Seeker's (Henderson) nose. 

The celebrations in the common room on the night of the match was loud and wild, and Lily was chivvying us all to bed in the end.

It was now June, and the last few days of second year were closing in upon us, the exams finished, most classes were much easier, and much more relaxed, and the people were generally more peaceful then before April. Currently, I was being quizzed by Lily on Muggle things, as she had said it was good to understand the workings of the Muggle world if ever I needed to navigate myself around it. 

Which, I found unlikely but, who knew.

James was sat next to me, trying to talk to Lily, but she was intent upon testing me instead of listening to a word he said. The brown curly haired boy was then grumbling to his grey eyed friend, who just laughed at him and wished him good luck with the girl. The two then promptly began to arm wrestle.

Peter was lying on his stomach reading a Magical Creatures book, taking Lily's advice and getting information on his subject for next year. Remus was reading Hogwarts a History, and not taking in anything happening around him, for fear of losing his sanity.

"Having fun are we James? I know I am, watching you try and fail to talk to somebody is highly entertaining for me," Sirius said loudly, attracting the attention of the rest of the group. James shoved his best friend to the ground and shushed him, "Shut up Sirius, I'm not failing, she's just busy talking to somebody else, she'll talk to me in a minute." 

Lily and I laughed at his hopeless positivity, which rather surprised me as I expected the girl to blatantly ignore or dislike his humour, but then Lily replied, "Keep dreaming Potter." 

Lily was good at not talking to people, when she was mad with Fabian, she didn't talk to him for a week straight. No matter how much he tried to talk to her. It was quite entertaining, especially when he tried to talk, and she just played her Muggle records on her CD player over him, playing people she called David Bowie, and then The Osmond's, all of whom I had no idea of. 

They sounded a lot more normal than some Muggle singers however, taking The Weird Sisters as an example - everyone of whom had no idea when they originated, or how old they were.

James sat up immediately straight, and said, "See Sirius, I told you she would talk to me when she's not actually busy." Peter closed his book, laying it to his side, and eyed both James and Lily with interest, Remus only spared a glance over the top of his book, a slight smile on his face. 

I decided to be the one to tell James the harsh truth, and said, "Actually Jamie, she's trying to say that so you don't talk to her for the rest of the day. Therefore showing you that a) she's not interested and b) she likes me more."

Sirius laughed at James' crestfallen face, and told him brightly, "She has a point James, I guess your luck has run out, keep up the good work though Lily, I've never seen him like this before." James hit the black haired boys shoulder, grumbling, "For the last time, shut up Sirius." 

Lily ignored James, and instead appreciated the formers compliment, "Thank you Sirius, but being nice to me won't make me any less willing to beat you in grades at transfiguration." 

Sirius shrugged, "Worth a try, isn't it?" Lily was bound to beat him anyways, she was exceptionally smart for a Muggle born, of course there was no blood hatred but she picked everything up a lot quicker than some Purebloods. It was quite interesting that her and Sirius had a rivalry, and she was also a favourite of Slughorn's.