Chapter 55|| Snape and werewolves

The days rolled into May, and it was just after the Easter break, when everyone was having had a refreshing two weeks off, roaming the castle halls and having fun around the Hogwarts grounds. It was also a pretty good time for the Marauders to cause a huge scene, or at least plan one of them, and they didn't miss an opportunity. 

They had at first started with something general and quite small, tampering with gravity, or food, or the big clock tower. Then, they went for something more specific, something a lot smaller in scale to their other pranks, but definitely going for vengeance. It was two guesses who it was against, and I was sure that anybody in the castle would only need one. 

Snape had insulted Peter and Remus once in the late April, in the library, nothing major, but it was a call for drastic action. Sirius and James had taken more offence than the two boys, and just had to take it upon themselves to plan something.

It turned out that on the Sunday night, the day before school started on the Monday, all the boys needed was some items from the greenhouses, the invisibility cloak, and a someone to know the Slytherin common room password. James had taken a lot of inspiration from Lily's muggle story, of the time when everyone in her primary school decided that itching powder was a great form of attack.

I was woken up by the annoying noise of birds making loud noises right outside the dormitory window, and the sun infiltrating through the curtains and blinding me. I sat up straight in bed and ran a hand through my hair, it was very bright in the mornings, and with the addition of Alice's curtains being drawn open by the girl herself, it was already going to be a very long Monday.

Even without Mary's constant complaints of very little toothpaste being left.

It was a strangely peaceful walk to the Great Hall for breakfast with Marlene and Lily, the other girls following behind us, talking about lessons or boys. That bit got quite annoying, but I couldn't do anything to stop it, they wasn't exactly harming anyone, talking about other people in a positive - or at least not rude - way. 

The only person to also be annoyed by this topic was Lily, who frowned every time a certain glasses wearing egotistic was mentioned.

Sitting at the Gryffindor table, eating breakfast and drinking orange juice was generally calm, and a usual schedule. That was until four boys who called themselves the Marauders, stumbled in, giggling like a bunch of schoolgirls and whispering to each other. "Hello Lilyflower, how are you doing this fine morning?" James said cheerfully. 

"What have you done this time?" Lily asked, accusing. James gasped, a hand on his heart. It seemed that we didn't need to find out by his words, or anyone else's, because the subject of the boys whispers walked in, his head hung low. 

Severus Snape never liked to draw too much attention to himself, sticking to being snarky in the side-lines and the shadows, so when he walked in, jogging slightly towards the teachers and scratching his arms every few seconds, and twitching, he drew a lot of attention.

I turned to the boys, a small smirk on my face, it was obvious what they had done, now that I reflected on a previous conversation. When they talked about the itching prank, I thought it was a lowly threat but, they proved me wrong yet again. "You did this didn't you?" I whispered to Sirius, who was sat next to me, buttering his toast. Sirius shrugged, "Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies."

Slughorn stood up in front of one of his favourite students, leaning forward to actually hear the boy speak. Snape was finally asked to remove his greasy hair from in front of his eyes and as he did, everyone who could see the boy, gasped. Snape heard those gasps and quickly covered his face again, Slughorn shaking his head and leading the boy out of the Great Hall and to, presumably, the hospital wing.