Chapter 16|| A conversation.

It was about two weeks after the incident had happened and it was Saturday 23rd, Remus having gone to visit his parents yesterday and staying over today and tomorrow. The annoying thing though was that none of his clothes nor belongings had gone with him, so I naturally assumed that he had things still at home. 

James, Peter and Sirius had made up for his missing presence, however and annoyed everyone to no end, going down to the lake and shouting at the top of their voices. They were so loud that one day, when I was in the common room during break, grabbing my book, I heard a loud commotion outside, and saw the boys chasing each other.

They had uprooted a few first years by the Lake who didn't know yet that the spot was 'Sirius' spot', and that everyone steered clear of this. I was the only one who - after hurriedly chasing them down in the grounds - apologised to the younger first years, telling them that it wasn't their fault they didn't know, and of course Sirius was joking about bat - bogey hexing them. 

This did seem to calm most of them down, but one small child that looked about nine years old in appearance, still seemed to be in shock, probably gaining PTSD from the boys.

"Sirius, you can not threaten first years, they'll think you're as bad as those Slytherin bullies and that's not a reputation you want, is it?" I asked, running after him, still feeling sorry for the Ravenclaw children. The three boys raised an eyebrow at me, but Sirius said almost inaudibly, "They'll know not to mess with me." 

I heard myself scoff in surprise and roll my eyes but couldn't help but let out a small laugh. I looked around the grounds and found who I was looking for, walking towards them, James shouting after me desperately, "He was just joking!"

I smiled, knowing that had not being my reason for leaving them at 'their' spot at the Black Lake. I instead fell into step next to Marlene, Aafiya and Lily who were walking and judging people at the same time, saying quietly as I heard Marlene talk about a fifth year, "Now that's not nice is it." 

Lily and Aafiya jumped in their skin, but Marlene looked at me knowingly, telling me, "You do it too, don't deny it." I couldn't deny it, of course, I did it at the Pureblood party, I do it in my own home, it's my way of finding people's weaknesses.

I asked them, "Have you guys seen a boy in the year below us, a Gryffindor, named Sawyer Vaughn?" Aafiya nodded and pointed over to the small boy, his eyes scanning everyone he was talking to in a relay, he was talking to a group of young Slytherins and a second year Hufflepuff. That wasn't unusual... until it was.

Marlene didn't seem to notice anything and ignored us all staring at the boy, questioning, "Is it just me or does Amos Diggory look a bit different this year? Like, him being a third year and all, maybe he's just grown up, he is a teenager properly now." 

I rolled my eyes.

Lily dragged us all to see Hagrid, the gamekeeper, at his wooden hut on the edge of the forbidden forest who offered us all food which looked like a rock and, as politely as we could, we rejected. "So, who're you girls? What're yer names?" he pointed to the three of us that were not Lily - obviously. 

Lily pointed to each of us in turn and introduced us, then Hagrid said, "Tea?" It was so very random of him that I stifled a laugh and accepted the tea. That looked like it was at least made normally.

Hagrid continued to say, "I know you Athena, yer friends with them boys that cause trouble up at the castle, righ'? What'd they call 'emselves now? The Marauders?" We all nodded and I said, "Yeah, I am, they revealed that to everyone, so whenever anyone plays an extravagant prank on you (the smaller ones are definitely not the boys style), I would blame them."

 Hagrid continued the conversation for a few hours and I found that he was actually really nice.

As the night came and the stars made their appearance in the dark blanket of the sky, and the moon raised high in the sky like a beacon for nocturnal animals, that was when us girls left Hagrid's cabin and made our way into the Great Hall for dinner and warmth.