Chapter 7|| Back again.

It was the first day back to lessons, and everyone had come back a day early to settle in their things and to get in time for tomorrow. Apparently, the train was really late because of the amount of snow, and it took about an hour to magically disappear it using the vanishing charm. But, nevertheless, James was telling an overly dramatic version of events that included a Sphinx and three dark wizards. I have no idea how it happened but I loved it.

I'd told no one about the many confessions Sirius mentioned over the Christmas break and it seemed he never brought them up either, so I was content with moving on. I did however tell my dormmates all about Christmas day, and about playing exploding snap with Fabian, Gideon and Leon because whenever Leon's name was mentioned, Aafiya's head snapped up. I grinned every time.

I was currently listening to Lily muttering to me in Defence Against the Dark Arts about her time at home, and how James keeps talking to her about Quidditch, which she really doesn't care about. She then mentioned about some Muggle songs and music like The Beatles and Rolling Stones which amused me to no end. The names of some bands were quite funny however, The Weird Sisters were always eccentric.

Our DADA teacher, Miss Rakepick, was telling us about different defence spells like expelliarmus and protego, when a certain Gryffindor duo came sauntering in, ten minutes late, and laughing at something one of them had said. Our teacher looked them both up and down and then rolled her eyes, "Mr Black, Mr Potter, five points from Gryffindor and now sit down before it's any more points taken." 

I heard Lily grumble something, and then heard the two boys laughing to each other. I glanced at Remus and Peter who were whispering quietly, and it was almost like they weren't talking at all. Why couldn't the unruly children be like that? It would save the House so many points from being taken.

She continued with the lesson and at the end, with five minutes left, she told us to write down our homework on a piece of parchment: Explain the different methods of defence and how they work. Then, she told us to get out of our classroom for break because she didn't want us for a minute longer than she should have to. I agreed, we were a handful. 

I strolled casually out of the room with Lily still mumbling, but this time more to herself then aimed at someone, as I didn't know how much more I could deal with, and instead, I hung back with Mary and Marlene to give her some room to complain.

"Hey girls, where's Alice?" I asked, looking around. Marlene shrugged and brought out a compact mirror, looking at her eyes and I smiled comfortingly, "Marls, you're perfect, you don't need that mirror every ten minutes." She smiled gratefully and put it away. Mary was the one to answer, "She went to Frank Longbottom for tutoring in Herbology, said Sprout recommended him 'cause he was good at it." 

I nodded and said, "What about Aafiya? Did she go to tutoring too?" Marlene snorted, squinting suspiciously at me, "Not bloody likely, she's so smart it's unfair. She went to speak to McGonagall about extra .. no .. a restricted section note or something because she likes to understand." She said the last word with dramatics.

"Little Ravenclaw, all alone and has no friends. What a shame," that was the teasing voice of someone I knew rather well. Bellatrix Black. It has seemed that myself, Marlene and Mary had talked too much, as we had turned a wrong corner and saw Bellatrix, Wulfric Mulciber, Rodolphus Lestrange and Lucius Malfoy taunting a second year Ravenclaw.

I looked on and saw for some strange reason, Snape stood watching them as if observing and taking notes for future reference, it was disgusting, but that was Snape. 

"Well lets just-" I'd gone to tell the girls to turn and get a teacher as many of the students were all older and knew more hexes than us put together, but both Mary and Marlene were full of fire and had already walked on.