Chapter 44|| Making a mess.

I'd gone to the Gryffindor common room and bumped into Gideon on the way there, who actually stopped me for five minutes to talk about the switch in Quidditch team Captain, and that this year it was himself. I had a sudden flashback of third year when Fabian was Quidditch Captain, and he had made us do three laps of the field after a whole game of practice just for fun. 

Gideon had also told me that there was no need to worry, as he wouldn't change the team as no one was leaving the school, and he told me to pass on the message to James.

Niamh Balocca was our other Chaser, and she was now in seventh year, myself and James were the other two Chasers. Richard Carter was in sixth year as our Seeker, and Natasha Rogers - someone who I find a good friend - was our Keeper in fifth year. I was wondering that next year if Fabian and Gideon would alternate again, or if they would delegate the Captaincy to someone else on the team. 

If so, it would probably be Natasha, because she could actually take things seriously.

"Are you not going on a date with James?" Lily asked me as she sat on her bed. I'd just gone up to our dormitory room to change from our school robes into some of my comfier own clothes, and on the way, I had bumped into Lily who was petting her cat Crookshanks. The cat was rather nice to us, but it was a menace to everyone else who dared look her way.

Pulling a highly disgusted face, I put on a beige coloured jumper and tied up my hair, "It's not a date Lily, I don't like James like that, anyway, I wouldn't take James away from you." She made a funny noise and glared at me, all while I just laughed and ambled away.

I walked down the dorm steps into the middle of the common room and spotted Remus sat on one of the armchairs by the fire, reading something with a cup of coffee in one of his hands. For once, he looked peaceful and content, as he deserved to feel. I walked over to where he was sat, and decided to sit in one of the surrounding armchairs, waiting for James to show up. 

"How can I help you Athena?" Remus asked me, not looking up from his pages. The front cover of the book looked quite confusing, and as I looked at the book he was reading, I just said, "I'm just waiting for James, but that doesn't matter, what are you reading?"

He lifted up the cover to properly show me, and I saw that the book was called Oliver Twist - an odd Muggle tale about an orphan boy. I didn't want to interrupt him any more, especially as he then pulled the book back towards himself and turned the page. I sat there next to him in silence for a few minutes, looking at my hands in my lap and then after the first three minutes, I heard a noise coming from the stairs of the boy's dormitory. 

I turned around to see James, in a fluffy red and white jumper, practically skipping down the stairs and grinning, excited to show me how to bake a cake. "Are you coming then?" he asked me excitedly. I stood up and smiled at his enthusiasm, pulling the sleeves over my hands and following him out of the common room and down the sets of marble staircases, past the Great Hall and down near the Hufflepuff area. 

We walked past the Hufflepuff common room and round a corner, until I saw a rather large painting of a bowl of fruit in the frame. It was a very interesting sight when James walked up to the said painting and tickled the piece of fruit. I stood there, not knowing what was going to happen, half expecting nothing to happen, but suddenly, the pear giggled and the portrait swung open.

I looked at James, impressed with his knowledge, and he just shrugged his shoulders, running a hand through his already messy locks of hair. I stepped into the kitchen, and myself and James were immediately bombarded with house elves with their big, pointy ears and large, round eyes. The nearest house elf was jumping up and down, smiling at the thought of being visited by someone.