Chapter 30|| Ask McGonagall

Today was Quidditch trials day, 29th September, also the same day when the boys had decided to ask McGonagall about what happens when you become an animagus. They said it was Gryffindor pride, Gryffindor trials, and the Gryffindor head of house. I said it was just strange, and we would be tired after trying and wondering who got on the team but it was majority vote so, we were going to McGonagall afterwards.

The trials were easy for us, we was just mainly watching Fabian try and control the group, and then watching as each person or group went and tried for the position they wanted. We did have to participate to see who would work well together and straight after I saw Sawyer Vaughn trying out for Seeker, I knew it was an immediate no. I even convinced Fab not to put him on the team.

There was however a few good candidates, and they were who I focused on. For example, there was a fourth year with impeccable flying skills, but his ego was bigger than James', there was a sixth year who scored a very good amount of goals, but he had a breakdown in the middle of the pitch, and there was a second year girl who couldn't mount her broom, but when she was in the air she was fantastic.

There was quite an interesting moment when a small child nearly fell of their broom as they were laughing at their friend. This certain small child might have been a second year, and their friend was a rather taller fifth year boy who was trying to impress his probable crush and instead he ended up nearly falling twenty feet. It was quite dangerous at first, but in the end the whole group just stared and laughed at him, and he was quite nice about it. 

Exceptionally embarrassed however, and practically ran to the stands to watch instead.

After three hours of trials, watching, playing and listening, we all flew down and the original team gave suggestions on who they liked and didn't like, Fabian noted it all down to make his final decision later on in the evening. This meant, after changing out of our Quidditch robes and into normal clothes again, we (meaning myself and the Marauders) would see McGonagall. It's not that I didn't want to be an animagus, it was just putting us in great trouble.

Racing down the halls, Sirius probably bumped into ten different people and James ten different statues, but Remus, Peter and I weren't trying to keep up. It wasn't that we couldn't, it was that we didn't want to. Peter asked me as he was running, "Why are we running this way and following them when there's a shortcut that way? Let them go the long way if they want to." That was a very good point he brought up.

The three of us cut off around a corner while the other two boys were racing each other and knocking over students. It was a nice, casual stroll, with us catching our breath and laughing at the two idiots, who were still nowhere near the Transfiguration corridor or McGonagall's office yet. 

"Who do you think is winning, Sirius or James?"  I laughed to myself, if anything, James is the sports player, but Sirius is by far the most competitive one of them both. He would do anything to win.

Getting to the door of McGonagall's office, Remus knocked twice on the wooden door and there was a sudden noise heard across the corridor and then shouting came. The two boys came running down, trying to get there before the other, but spotted us three, not sweating and not after them. They both stopped in confusion and the curly haired boy asked, "How did you get here before us?"

Remus smiled, "Magic." The door opened to reveal a stern looking McGonagall - as we (Sirius and James) were creating a lot of noise - and she looked around at the five of us and gestured us to walk in. "How can I help you five? Homework, wait, none of you ever do homework apart from Remus, and he has a brain. What have you done this time?" We walked in an she sat behind her desk, staring up at us, a quill in her hand.

"You wound me Minnie, we haven't done anything, merely wondering something. When you first transformed into a cat, how did it feel, anything interesting?" Sirius asked, not at all suspicious. Who was I kidding, he had such an obvious lying face, his ears turned red and he didn't look at the person he was talking, or lying too.