Chapter 46|| A Hogsmeade date?

I woke up on a Saturday morning quite early, I knew it was too early because the birds were making a racket and mostly everyone in the dormitory was still asleep. The only two people up - excluding myself - were Aafiya and Alice. Alice was currently in the bathroom and Aafiya was in the corner of her room doing something personal, I decided not to disturb either and got changed. 

Today was a Hogsmeade day which made me sigh with relief as I was already fed up and I needed this essential time off. But it also meant something a lot more important, I got to wear anything I wanted, which was a lot comfier, and it made me look so much prettier, honestly.

I ate breakfast, thankfully with no twists this time, and then I met the girls in the Entrance Hall, waiting for the rest of my friends so that we could make our way to Hogsmeade. The weather wasn't bad, it wasn't raining, or snowing, or freezing, it was just a little bit cold, so a coat or maybe a pair of gloves were in order, nothing more nothing less. 

"Hey Athena, can I talk to you for a minute?" Gideon asked me, the boy's presence had completely surprised me, as I didn't see him walking towards our group. I looked at the other girls who had just nodded reassuringly.

"What would you like Gid?" I asked him as we stepped a few feet away from the rest. He stood there and fidgeted with the sleeve of his jumper, and stumbled a little on his words before coughing and saying, "Would you like to go to Hogsmeade with me today? Unless you already have plans which - which is fine, if you are doing something then.. you are doing something, aren't you?" 

This was the first time that I'd seen him stumble and muddle his words, or get anything less than confident and boisterous. It was like a switch was flipped on his personality, and it was extremely strange, I found it almost unnerving.

I smiled comfortingly at the red headed boy and shook my head, a sign of telling him that I was free today. It was half true, I was going to go with the girls, but my plans were not set in stone, and I had a feeling that they would force me to go anyway. He sighed in relief and I said to him, "Can I go and tell my friends first?" 

If there was one thing I needed to do before anything in the world, it was to get the girl's conformation, and even though I already knew the answer, it was definitely a kind of ritual. He nodded quickly, obviously a lot more calmer and confident now that I had said yes.

"What did he want? Gideon seemed way too fidgety for it to be any good," Mary commented, glancing sideways at the taller boy. I told them my plans, and also had to pre-warn them not to make too much noise and, as foretold, Lily and Marlene was about to start shouting, I could see their eyes widen, but instead they took to hurried whispering. 

Mary and Aafiya passed one another a few coins, something I found highly suspicious and most definitely would ask them about later, whilst Alice smiled at me scrunching her hands into tight fists and said quickly, "We're happy for you Athena, now go and talk to the poor boy."

I made my way back over to Gideon and he said, "Shall we get going then Nea?" I nodded and walked with him, reflecting on the nickname, it was unique, and definitely a nickname I hadn't heard from anybody before. But I was sure that it was most definitely something that I could get used to.

We took a walk down the stairs and out of the entrance, down past the front gates and made our way into Hogsmeade. There was a gentle breeze, and a slightly crisp wind, which disguised a warm day, it would have been the most perfect weather if there was no chill.

"Do you want to go anywhere specific first or shall I choose?" Gideon asked. I turned to him and shook my head, "As long as we don't go to Madam Puddifoots I'm fine with everywhere, and also maybe not the Hog's head either." The boy sighed in relief telling me that he was thankful I decided not to go there, he said the last time he stepped foot in there it was a nightmare.