Chapter 38|| The Ball

After the first week, Fleamont apparated me to my house, The Pattinson Mansion. It wasn't as large as you would imagine by the name, however, as it was definitely larger then some, but it was no castle. It was the house that would give me nightmares as an adult, and it was the house that I was dragged up in.

Sadly, Monty couldn't stay to cheer me up with one more corny joke, and had to go back and help the boys probably cause a very large commotion. I knocked on my own front door and it opened with the usual creak. The first thing I saw was my sister stood by the door, her dark brown hair pulled up, and a large diamond bracelet on her wrist. 

I walked in with my luggage that I needed for just a few days, hurried straight to my room without telling anyone I was here, and started to unpack, not fully however, as I would only be here for five days at most, and then I would go back to the Potters' house for New Years Eve and onwards, then back to Hogwarts. 

There was a sudden noise by my door, and it opened to reveal my mother stood in all of her elegance and terror, a very fake smile plastered on her face. Her eyes showing she was insincere and she said quietly, "Bellona mentioned you had arrived. The ball will be held two days from now, you must attend, and I don't care what you do after."

I stood there awkwardly and nodded, many things going through my brain as I then replied, "Mother, I'm never going back to your side, I like my friends and I don't appreciate you trying to marry me off to someone I don't like nor agreed to, above all, it's unethical and a violation of my personal rights. Now, if you'll leave me, I have things to do and clothes to put away." 

I could tell she was going to snap, but she just sighed a long sigh and left the room, closing the door behind her. At least she could do that.

The days flew by with me worrying more and more about who was coming to this 'thing' my mother and father planned, and how I would survive it. It was the night before the party when everything finally hit me, and I wondered if Sirius would be there, considering he was one of Walburga's children, then I remembered he was at James' and had probably refused. 

I thought on what to wear, looking through my closet and seeing nothing good. I guessed that it didn't matter as much, and preferred to spend my time owling Gideon and asking for his advice on whether it's a good idea to kill one's parents.

I woke up the morning of the ball, and got refreshed, and had just came out of the bathroom when Belle stepped out of her room and smirked, "Prepared for tonight? In fact, just to let you in on a little secret, I've heard that Mr, Mrs, and Evan Rosier will be there, isn't that who you're coupled with?" 

I made to hit her with my towel, but she just ducked past me and shut the door to the bathroom. If this was true, which it probably was knowing my mother, she'd also invited a lot of his Slytherin friends. I didn't necessarily hate them, I just really didn't like them.

After a long think and many hours of doing nothing much, staring at my own four walls, my mother walked into my room and stepped towards me, "What is this? Why is your hair not done, nor your makeup, and where is the dress you're going to wear?" I stood up and shrugged, dusting down my jeans and my red jumper. I didn't care much anymore.

In a matter of minutes, she'd pulled my hair up and forced me to put on a black knee length dress with a square neckline, and practically shoved some light makeup and lip gloss on me. At least it wasn't bright colours, and the colour of the dress could've been much worse.

"The guests will be here in ten minutes, make sure you are downstairs and waiting by the front door to greet the guests, here is the list, and tick it off once they are here, after everybody is here, shut the door and come into the main room where our guests will be," she told me. I was about to salute her and ask if she also had a timed schedule, but then I saw her glare and her annoyance as she walked out of my room.