Chapter 14|| Start of second year

I was on the platform with my sister as she was going to be sorted this year, our parents again not bothering to come with us and apparated away as fast as possible saying something about 'horrible muggles' or something along them lines. As soon as we were on the platform, my sister, Bellona said to me, "I won't trouble you with my presence any longer than necessary and I'll find a compartment myself." I agreed. She had a voice that I was jealous of but an attitude I was not.

Spotting Peter stood with his parents, I walked up to them and introduced myself, giving them my winning personality and a winning smile. Peter excused himself from the clutches of his parents and we went in search of the other three boys. "Hey Thea, need help carrying your trunks this year?" Fabian called. I grinned and answered him with a no, turning around and coming face to face with Alexandra Wang.

"I wanted to say thanks for last year and so did my parents, but they're muggles and couldn't come onto the platform," she said kindly. I smiled at her, and told her nearly anyone would have done the same, now walking away with Peter and still searching for the boys so we could get a compartment together. Finally, after what felt like hours of searching, Peter shouted for me and he was stood with Remus, James, Sirius and surprisingly Lily who was ignoring James and talking to Sirius.

I walked up to Remus and said, "Nice sweater Remmy." He smiled warmly and then pulled the sleeves over his hands. James was pestering Lily to answer about what she did over the holidays and I eventually felt so bad for him that I asked her, "Lils, what did you do this summer?" She glared at me, proceeding to answer the question she wanted to avoid.

"I just tried to convince Tuney that I'm not a freak, and then went to France for the summer. It was quite nice and sunny as we went to the South, and the food was actually really nice. I think Petunia's grown to be civil." I hated Petunia Evans. 

We then all got onto the train and found a compartment near the middle-end of the train and Lily declined the offer of sitting with us and went to find the girls we shared a dorm with. I sat down with the boys and we talked about nothing, and really random subjects that just so happened to pop up and only got up for the trolley witch, and to change robes. 

James told us all how he was planning to try out for the Gryffindor Quidditch team since there are about three seventh years on the team and he really wanted to use his new broom in front of the other students. We all supported him saying we would either come to the try - outs too or join in and try to get on the team too. 

We also had a little conversation about our younger siblings - Bellona and Regulus - and James asked where on earth their names had come from because they were very out there names. I explained that Bellona was the Roman Goddess of War and Sirius said that Regulus was a star in a constellation. 

We talked about which house they would probably be in, and we both said at the same time, "Slytherin." Remus sighed in exasperation, and James told us, "At least have a little faith in them." I raised an eyebrow knowing he didn't know what I knew about her, or how she acted around different people.

This year, when the train stopped, me and the boys grabbed our pets - if we had one - and walked with the older students, away from the boats, towards the carriages where they were all either empty or moving on their own. This confused me, I'd heard about these carriages from my parents and how they were pulled by something that only those who had witnessed death can see. I didn't believe them at first but seeing this, I knew something was up.

Peter asked, "What pulls the carriages then?" He was staring in front of the one we were about to get in, apparently wondering in confusion. There was a female voice I recognised very well and spotted Marlene walking up to us saying, "Something spooky, invisible ghost horses." Peter widened his eyes and hurried to the back of the carriage, getting in after James.