Chapter 90|| The Order

I awoke in my room in the Potter manor,  just as the morning sun was rising in, I wasn't much of a morning person, but waking up early was a habit I had adopted from Hogwarts. I checked my clock and saw that it was half past five, it was far too early to be awake, even for Hogwarts. The birds hadn't made a noise in the tree next to the window, and that was enough to know the time was early, the birds were usually a very good wake up call.

That was when I decided to sleep for just a short while longer, which ended up being another four hours, and then Sirius had entered my room and had to wake me up himself. He had been given instructions by Euphemia not to annoy me as I woke up, but, he took those instructions and threw them out of the large window next to my bed as he woke me up by lying on my stomach and poking my forehead.

I was awake within minutes, just to slap the back of his head and ask - rather grumpily - why he had woken me up in such a strong manner. "We have a meeting today. Since, you know, we signed up to be in this whole secret gang to fight the bad people," he told me. I sat up straighter, I remembered signing up but I now regretted it, if it meant being woken up and thrown into a meeting with strangers I would rather pass.

I was awake and ready within minutes, which was rather lucky as when I ventured downstairs into the Potter's living room, we already had guests. It was surprising to see many people gathered for a top secret mission sitting on comfy sofas and drinking cups of warm drinks, all I saw when I rested my eyes upon the scene was friends having a small gathering.

"Welcome to the new people that have joined us today, I appreciate all of your help and I am glad you accepted my offer. Now, getting welcomes out of the way, I have unhappy news to share with you all, I have gathered from a few different sources that the man who now publicly names himself as Lord Voldemort has started to recruit many creatures like the giants and presumably dementors."

I had thought that after leaving Hogwarts, I would not have to see the eccentric old headmaster any longer but, just listening to him talk, I knew that this would be a longer journey than anyone anticipated. There was many gasps alongside Dumbledore's news and although I wanted to forget that any of this was happening, I saw Hagrid, stood in the corner, his brown furrowed and his hands wringing together anxiously.

Ever since the fact about the giants, he had seemed worried, almost like he knew something or he felt that something bad was going to happen. That was when it clicked and I realised something about the tall man, him being nearly nine feet. He wasn't just coincidentally taller than the average human and he was usually avoiding about the topic of giants, I had recognised this when Lily talked about them in fifth year and I just decided he had a fear of them.

Even though I had my suspicions on the man and I was dying to see if anybody else had the same ideas as me, I kept it quiet, for Hagrid's sake of course. "You alright there, love? Worried about Lordy Vordy?" I turned to see Sirius facing me and speaking quietly, almost as if being scared of someone more powerful and more determined to kill everyone that's not a follower was something to be kept quiet.

"I'm not scared of him, I just never wanted to be a part of this war and I hate that I agreed to be," I told him. The one thing that I would stick by for the rest of my life was that the only reason I joined the Order is because many others were doing so, and I didn't want to see them sacrifice themselves while I sat on the side-lines. Sirius on the other hand tried to ignore my feelings on this and gaslighted himself into believing I did it to fight the Dark Lord and his friends.

As soon as I voiced this opinion, Sirius sighed and shook his head, facing the person who was now speaking, which was someone called Kingsley who was an auror and someone James was immediately excited about meeting. The Order meeting went on for another hour, something the boys loved but I hated, the more everyone talked, the more of a target they were.

After the meeting, I met up with Marlene and Lily in a small muggle cafe around the corner from the Potter manor. Both of the girls had been in the meeting and whilst the others had to get away as soon as possible, Marlene and Lily had stayed for old school gossip and to share their opinions on the situation at hand. Most of which I agreed with as the two girls also disliked the sound of fighting and was worried about the future.

"Girls, I have something to tell you and I'm not sure if it was the right decision to make," Lily announced as we received our coffees. The waitress took her time placing down the last coffee, as if eager to hear what Lily was going to tell us but after a glare from Marlene, the waitress turned away and made off towards the kitchen. "We're in suspense Lils, hurry up or I'll drink your coffee myself."

Lily took a deep breath before grinning and whispering to us both, "James proposed to me, and I said yes." She looked between us both for our reactions but both Marlene and I's jaws were hanging open in shock, our eyes wide. I was the first one to recollect myself and speak, "Well, I expected you to say you found Edgar Bones quite attractive in the meeting but that's valid too. Haven't you only been dating for like 8 months?"

Lily twisted the ring I now noticed that was on her finger and corrected me, "Nine and a half but that doesn't matter. We love each other, and we both figured that with everything going on, now is as good a time as any. But don't worry, it might take a while to plan the wedding so it won't be too rushed." Marlene giggled and then shook her head, almost like laughing at an invisible joke whilst myself and Lily stared at her.

"As long as I'm maid of honour and you both name your first daughter after me then I'm really not bothered when you get married. Congrats honey, I really am proud of you," after a glare from me, the blonde added, "I guess have Athena as the middle name." Lily grinned and even though she now knew the waitress from before and two of her friends were staring at us, she got up and hugged us, adding in for the nosy waitress, "Then he cheated with my sister!"

Back at the Potter manor, after seeing Marlene and Lily apparate away together, the first thing I did was try to find James. I asked Mia, I asked Monty, I asked Sirius, and for some reason Peter who was still here and eating cereal. Only Peter gave me an answer that wasn't 'I don't know' and he directed me to the back garden in the shed. It was the shed were he polished his broom so I knew why he was there.

"James Fleamont Potter!" I shouted as I swung the door open. James looked at me, scared at first, like I knew that he had done something wrong, which put me off at first, wondering what he had done, but I shook that thought away and gripped his shoulders, "I am so proud of you, I never would have believed you would have gotten engaged first, especially with Lily freaking Evans."

After being scared, he got over the shock and grinned largely, glad I was giving him a compliment and not attacking him for something stupid. As he pushed up his glasses (which had broken yesterday so they were now taped up at the end (he was too stubborn to charm them )) he started to rant about how he just felt like the time was right and then he started to cry asking me if he was doing the right thing and within my years of knowing him. 

I knew that this was the most serious he had been in his life.