Chapter 13|| Summer with the Pattinsons

The train journey home from Hogwarts was very depressing and reminded me of a painful six weeks ahead, and it was four days ago. The Pattinson family - my family - was notorious for many things and one of them things was punctuality at a Pureblood party, or anywhere really, which reached the ears of many and we already had our first invitation.

That invitation was for that night at the Black's residence. I was obviously ecstatic that I would be able to see Sirius finally, and was laughing at the fact that I would get to see him 'drool' over me, taking me back to that one discussion at the Black Lake with the others. 

But I couldn't show these emotions to anyone, especially my family as my mother always said, a good woman should be able to conceal her emotions and pain whether physical or emotional. She also said something about a woman's place so I'm not sure I believe her, she always spouts unnecessary imageries and ideology - which I do not believe. 

Even Muggles were more advanced than us in the woman's part.

But right now all that mattered was getting ready for a party and trying to be presentable in front of the Blacks and trying not to snap at something Mulciber or Malfoy or Avery says. In fact, I had forgotten that they were going to the parties at all until my mother said, "Athena, remember that Rosier and Mulciber are two very good candidates for later marriage and you will behave around them." 

So, she hasn't been informed of the incident, I thanked McGonagall for that greatly, and she still has no idea I disregard everything she says.

"Dear, we'll be late if we don't go now." That was my father, Hades, he was right in the inner circle of purebloods always going to some club/gathering or another when I was younger. My mother ushered me down the stairs in the only dress I'd be seen dead in, a knee-length black one. My sister was waiting for us at the bottom of the stairs with father, and she was in a green dress which my mother had probably forced upon her.

We were getting to the party by apparition, and that was a sensation that I'd had to get used to over the years as that and floo powder was the only way my parents travelled, everywhere they went was a witch or wizards place, and my childhood lessons was done privately by a magical human. 

The Black residence was not a totally new place to me as I went there plenty - my mother was Walburga Black's friend - but, I had never met Regulus Black before - he was to stay upstairs every time we visited. Hopefully him mother thought him too precious to meet guests, and didn't keep him upstairs because she thought I would corrupt him.

Even still, it was still a disturbing sensation entering the Black house. Seeing the elf heads and the dark, gloomy walls, and even just the people scared me. I had only met Walburga Black once, by accident, and even that was enough, so I couldn't say I was too thrilled with arriving there.

Walking up to the front door and knocking on it with her wand, my mother hurriedly whispered to us all, "Be on your best behaviour or else." I knew what that or else was, a punishment, and knowing how strict the woman was, a very nasty one. Then she jumped and put on a fixed smile as the door opened abruptly. I smiled when I saw the person who opened the door.

Sirius Black was in black, comfortable dress robes and his hair was styled as neatly usual. I waved subtly at him as I walked past and he smiled slightly. We had to pretend to be civilised in the company of other people as we didn't want to seem like crazy lunatics or mad men. I stopped walking when I reached the hallway, looking around at the dingy troll stand and the hall leading down to the kitchen. 

I searched around, inspecting, and at the same time minorly judging everyone I saw and meeting eyes with a boy who seemed to be doing the exact same thing as me. He looked familiar but at the same time new, it was like I'd seen him at distance but never met him properly before.