Chapter 64|| Confrontation

There had been what people would call as a prank war between the Slytherins and the Gryffindors, since what happened with the clocks and watches, everything had changed back to normal. However, one thing wasn't as normal, the amount of blame that Snape piled onto the Marauders, he still hadn't clocked that I had helped too, thankfully. 

Marlene had complained about the Slytherins for the past few weeks now, as they had managed to turn her hair pink.

"How is it still pink? It was pink last week, and yesterday, and the day before," Marlene sighed as she threw herself next to me in Defence Against the Dark Arts. I didn't know what to say to her, sorry or it looks good, both were plausible, only one ended up in exposing people however. I heard Dorcas from behind me say, "You rock it though Marls." 

The brunette leant forward and hurried to gossip with Marlene about anything and everything. I wondered who to feel sorry for now that Dorcas was talking to Marlene, but I turned around to see Evelyn. Evelyn Green and I had been best friends when we were younger, nowadays, we hardly spoke, in fact, I was sure we hadn't spoken since the beginning of the year. 

"How did the prank wars start?" Evelyn asked me, eyebrow raised. I shrugged nonchalantly and she just laughed and whispered, "Don't worry. I trust you, well, I trust you enough to know it wasn't only you, the boys helped too."

After a long defence lesson, we were walking to lunch, but this time I decided to sit with the girls in the courtyard, considering I hadn't spent enough time with them recently. I would also be spending more time with the boys tonight as it was the full moon again, it felt like it had been ages since the last one. Sitting with the girls was like a reward, a break from all of the chaos and the constant attention that the Marauders got. 

"Marls, your hair, it's brown at the top, it looks like that spell is wearing off," Aafiya pointed out to the blonde girl who immediately pulled out a mirror from her pocket to inspect it. Speaking of mirrors, I hadn't been in many detentions lately so I found no use for the two way mirror but James and Sirius used it non stop. It was quite a nice sentiment that they offered it to each of us who gained a detention.

"Look who we have here, it's the traitor and her filthy friends." I knew that voice anywhere, even if I couldn't see who was speaking. It was Avery and as I turned around to face him, he was stood with all of his 'friends' and they were whispering snidely to each other. "Having a nice day Avery?" I asked him, I wasn't scared of him anymore.

"Well I was, until I encountered the older Black brother who warned me to stay away from you. So here I am Pattinson," Avery smiled. His smile was more of a smirk, an evil one which showed some of his extremely white teeth. He looked down at us girls condescendingly and pointed something out to Mulciber, his finger pointing first at Lily, and then at Mary.

The two girls didn't seem to find this amusing. "Do what he said and leave us alone Avery," Mary said, annoyed. Mulciber laughed nastily at her and mumbled something I couldn't hear. 

It must not have been all too nice however, as Mary heard him and brought out her wand from her pocket, "Say that again, I dare you." Marlene and I stood up too, the blonde trying to lower Mary's arm. Lucius Malfoy made his way over to the group as he spotted us all, grinning smarmily.

"This is giving me flashbacks to their first year, isn't it boys?" he said, taking in the situation. I knew what he was talking about, this brought me back to the day that I found the Slytherin boys bullying Alexandra Wang and we tried to stop it. "Lower your wand and let us hex you then we'll leave. Or don't, we'll do it either way," Snape said from standing in Zabini's shadow. 

"I recommend you don't do that Snivelly," a male voice said. I looked to my left and saw the Marauders jauntily walking over to us all, Sirius was speaking. Sirius had noticed that his brother was with the Slytherin group, and his eyes flashed a spark of disappointment but then he brushed it away and stared fiercely at Snape. "Yeah, I recommend you stay away from us Gryffindors," James said.