Chapter 45|| Polyjuice

It turns out that Sirius was stuck in the kitchen for a while, not wanting to show off his new face for two whole hours until he knew for sure that the Potion had worn off. I had of course told the other boys and, when I was about to fall asleep, I had told the girls about the situation. All of whom found it entirely amusing.

Then, I had slept for hours, getting in my rest for the start of the Quidditch season, where I would be training for the first time this year. 

I had told James the plan of Gideon being Captain this season, and the fact that the team was staying the same. We were both rather pleased with the decision, and was glad we didn't have to re trial, or it would be a nerve - wrecking nightmare. 

I woke up to Marlene sat on the end of my bed, a mirror propped up by my feet, and the blonde putting on gold eye shadow. "Good morning Athena, I hope you don't mind but by your bed there is wonderful lighting, so I just thought I'd use it." 

I rubbed my eyes and told her it was okay, but as I got up and the mirror fell over, she tutted and held it up using her legs instead. I changed into my robes for breakfast and the school day, training would be after all of our lessons and before dinner. The only change to the school day this morning, except from Quidditch, would be the Potion added to the breakfast Pumpkin juice.

I changed from my pyjamas into the school robes and got myself ready, walking down the stairs to the common room to meet Aafiya and Mary as we walked down to breakfast together. It also turned out that Peter would be walking down the stairs to the Great Hall with us, and I made sure to warn them all about James' little prank, not wanting them to get in the firing line, especially when they were innocent. 

I also wanted to tell the others, but I hadn't seen them that morning, so if they turned into James it wouldn't be my fault - or mostly my fault.

Getting down the familiar marble staircase and into the Great Hall, we sat down with each other and started to eat some breakfast. I filled myself up with a buttered croissant and some fruits, and I avoided the pumpkin juice and instead just stuck to the water that we had. It was only around five minutes of normality before someone screamed and I turned around quickly, wanting to see the results. 

The scream belonged to an older Ravenclaw, who was now touching their hair and breathing deeply in horror.

After a few more minutes, it seemed that a great chunk of people were all suddenly changing into replicas of James Potter, and as soon as McGonagall found out what was causing it, she loudly told all of the houses to avoid the pumpkin juice for their own good unless they wanted to turn into James Potter.

 I was looking straight down at the table, trying to keep a neutral face, but as Mary nudged me and pointed next to McGonagall, I saw a teenage James Potter where Dumbledore had been only two minutes earlier. That was an interesting sight, and one that made me make so much noise even the morning post owls screeched.

It only seemed fitting for what I gathered as the real James Potter to walk over to us, and I suspected this because of him walking in with Remus and Sirius by his side. The black haired boy had transformed fully back to normal and had all of his swagger back, unfortunately for us.

 A Slytherin boy (I could only tell by his robes and his snide voice) had spotted him too, and walked boldly over to James just to threaten him, "Turn me back now or I'll curse you so bad even Grindlewald couldn't have come up with it." James feigned a look of surprise and confusion and exclaimed, "But I'm Fabian Prewett!"

The Slytherin double of James pulled an odd expression and asked, "Why are you with Potter's friends then?" The curly haired boy sighed dejectedly and said, "I guess I was trying to have friends and to fit in, but everyone's against it, and I guess I'll have to limit myself to my brother, and never have new friends."