Chapter 41|| Chaotic Train Rides

It was the last proper day of Hogwarts, tomorrow would be everyone going back on the train to King's Cross and going back to their houses for summer. It was a very exciting last day, the whole of third year Gryffindors and some fourth years and even some fifth years decided to have a day spent by the Black Lake with snacks and drinks - non alcoholic of course. 

I couldn't imagine drinking Firewhiskey or alcohol in front of the others, especially in third year. 

We had what Muggles would call a very loud pool party, not that I'd ever been invited to one of course. Sirius was even thinking of bringing his record player, but Alice warned against it, in case it got wet and broke, and then he would never be able to use it to annoy his parents ever again, and we all knew Sirius would be throwing tantrums for days after.

We all stayed out until late, and when it was nearing dinner, we all ate a rushed meal before some people hurried back out, but myself and the girls went upstairs to shower and finish packing our trunks to take home tomorrow. We were definitely the smartest of the part goers. 

I was glad too because Marlene seemed to be having an internal struggle since her trunk was full, but she knew she would be coming back to the exact same dorm next year. "Should I leave this jumper and get back to it next year? I mean, I'm coming back to this very bed, and I don't even wear it very much."

We told her to take it just in case. Who knows when the jumper would be a fashion statement?

🟉♛🟉♛🟉♛🟉♛🟉♛🟉♛🟉♛🟉♛🟉♛🟉♛

The next day, the boys were rushing around finishing packing their things to be in time for the train, because they spent most of the night with the fourth years, and some of it pranking the Slytherin seventh years - maybe because his hated cousin was in that year, or maybe he just had a personal vendetta against the Slytherin seventh years. 

Anyway, I was tasked by Lily to actually make sure that they were going to be on time to leave, so when I stepped two feet inside the boy's dormitory, I was put to work to look for Peter's lost sock, and even Andre asked me to help him fold his shirts. However that just gave me more time to think about the upcoming summer.

I was very grateful that had plans this summer, I was going to Lily's house - as she had invited me - and she said it would make it much more tolerable than staying on her own with her rude sister. I didn't find out much about her sister except that she was called Petunia - for some reason - and that Lily seemed to complain about her a lot but wouldn't hear a bad word about her. 

It was as if she cared too much, because her sister definitely had some flaws, all siblings do, some problems may be bigger than others - I'm looking at Regulus and Belle - or some siblings may just feel left out.

I was happy that Lily had invited me over, I couldn't deal with spending much longer with my parents this year or my family at all, I'd had enough family for a while, as Christmas was an interesting experience. Then, there was the small point of James hosting a party at his house which, he told everyone that it was just for fun, but it was actually Marlene's birthday, August first.

And since she was turning 14, it was a wonderful excuse to tell his parents about it since he had wanted to have a party anyway. When I asked him what he wanted a party for anyway, he didn't give a clear answer, but gave something along the lines of spending time with people - to which then Peter walked in and he changed his answer very quickly.

It was then changed to a perfect excuse to get his parents to accept his wild ideas. I was actually surprised to find out that Marlene was younger than us all,  of course, I knew when her birthday was - I wasn't a terrible friend - I just thought she was older than all of us not the other way around.