Chapter 71|| A prank. On me

It was a Friday night in November, but this was also the night before a full moon which meant that Remus had gone to the hospital wing because he couldn't cope with all of his symptoms at once, and it seemed to be worse than ever today. Nevertheless, even though we couldn't visit him in the infirmary for 'safety reasons' by Madam Pomfrey, we had supplied him with a sweater and some of his chocolate.

I still hadn't talked to Sirius and it had been a month, in September when the full moon came up, I didn't need to talk to him as we transformed into our animagi. If there was any conversing that needed to be done, I would talk to Peter or James, I didn't have a problem with the other three Marauders. 

Some may say that not talking to each other for that long is silly but we were both waiting for the other to say something first, and we're very proud people.

The days had passed by but I did notice one change from not talking to Sirius Black for a long time, apart from the small rumours that had only lasted a week, nobody felt like talking to or about me. Apart from my friends and classmates, nobody else bothered much anymore, for example, the small second year who wanted to know every fun fact about me now resorted to trying to dodge paths when I walked her way.

It was quite nice finally having peace and quiet away from the prying eyes of the Hogwarts general public, but it was also rather boring. There was no fun anymore, the drama that got shared around and told to me by random strangers was no longer happening, certain Hufflepuff girls weren't pestering me to be partnered with them, but that might have been Sirius' fault.

The only people that hadn't been quiet about my sudden distance from Sirius Black was the Slytherins, especially those Pureblood Death Eater Slytherins who took it upon themselves to taunt and tease me about everything. Lucius Malfoy and Evan Rosier had even came to me one dinner and asked if I'd finally seen sense and distanced myself from the bad blood. I obviously put them in their place.

Currently, I had placed myself in front of the fire on one of the comfier armchairs, and had opened a Transfiguration book to finally start reading the chapter that we were set as homework. I had put it off for so long but also, I had been busy, James was ruthless in the last few Quidditch practices and I also received a detention from Prefect Zabini for bad mouthing him walking out of Potions.

"Hey Athena, Sirius said he wanted to apologise, he's in the dormitory," Peter told me, he was stood on the bottom step of the boy's stairs. I sighed, was Black finally growing up and slightly bettering his not fully legal ways? "Come with me," I told Peter and so, Peter following me, I made my way up the dormitory steps and knocked on the door before coming into the room and being met with a cold, unknown substance.

I whipped around quickly and wiped the slimy substance out of my eyes, facing Peter who quickly defended himself, "I didn't know I swear." I felt my hair and when I felt the slime sticking to the roots of my hair, I shook my head in disbelief and stormed out of the room. 

Never mess with a girls hair Black. 

I was going to Lily to get her to take it out magically, and then I was going to plan my revenge.

Finding Lily wasn't a problem, she was in the library, like she always was nowadays, we all knew that subjects were going to get harder now, being in 6th year. Walking here, I got my fair share of stares from Hogwarts students, it must have been strange seeing someone with slime dripping down their hair and clothes. Eventually, I had ended up at the desk Lily was working at, and I had asked her to get rid of it.

"Are you sure it had a horrible intention? He could have actually wanted to apologise, James might have set it up," Lily reasoned. I stayed quiet, humouring her, but I knew how their brains worked, and James wouldn't have the heart to ruin another person's hair, especially when he liked the person. Sirius however felt that no one's hair was as important as his own.

When I didn't respond, she found a different way of talking to me, I hadn't mentioned it to her but it was like she could read my mind, "How are you planning on getting revenge?" At the same time as I gave her a confused look on how she knew that, the red head gave a sly grin, I then knew that she was down to help. After all, she had wanted to get at Sirius Black for two years after he beat her in Astronomy and when he was bullying Snape.

"Well, I was thinking, do something simple like change his water in the mornings for vinegar and maybe make his clothes vanish for an hour or two but then place them back in his dorms so it looks like he's done it on purpose, simple is usually best," I told my friend. The girl tapped her nails on the desk and I knew she was thinking of the ways that we could do it, then, she finally said something, "I can do the water spell, you'll have to do the clothes."

So, the next day, I woke up half an hour early while I crept into the boys dormitory, grabbed what uniform he had, crept out and ran back across the landing and back into my own room, hiding them all under Alice's bed. It wasn't for nearly being caught as when I was walking back out, one of Sirius' sleeves got stuck on Remus' out sticking foot, and I had to carefully remove it so that the boy wouldn't wake up.

"Have you done it?" Lily asked as we walked down to breakfast; I nodded and all she could do was laugh, she had already rehearsed her spell for turning water into vinegar, so much so that she was probably an expert. Just as we sat down, I saw Remus and Peter sitting at the table, waiting for the other two boys, and I knew what was taking the others so long, it was quite funny actually.

It was good revenge.

Ten minutes later and Sirius Black walked into the Great Hall, head hanging low, not making eye contact, hair covering his probably red face. Sirius Black was wearing blue silk pyjamas and white slippers, I forgot to mention to Lily that I stole his shoes too. Lily took one look in the boys direction and laughed so hard she clung onto my arm for support, and when Sirius sat down to drink his water, I almost felt sorry for him.

The boy's expression changed in an instant, although I couldn't see much of his face (it was covered by his hair), the pyjama clad boy had spat out his drink and pulled a face of disgust. I looked to my left and saw Lily slipping her wand back into her pocket, sniggering at James who was now covered in vinegar. "What the hell mate?" James shouted patting down his hair and wiping his glasses with his sleeves.

"I swear that's vinegar, it's on your hands, lick it and see," Sirius said, defending himself. James did so and too, pulled a face, mumbling words I knew without hearing were not exactly child friendly. I tried not to look suspicious but I couldn't help it, I was glancing at them for their reaction every few seconds, along with my red headed friend and trying to listen to Marlene who had just joined us.

Sirius Black then stopped flailing around and locked eyes with me, raising one eyebrow. I didn't flinch nor falter, I continued to stare back with a straight face, trying not to give anything away, I knew he probably had a suspicion it was me, but I couldn't make it any more obvious. Just as it was turning into a staring contest, I heard footsteps and heard McGonagall's voice questioning with a bored voice like she knew we were causing trouble, "What now Mr Black?"

I heard excuses upon excuses, all which I knew were true: I did steal his clothes, his water did turn to vinegar. I heard Lily snickering beside me, and I knew she loved it when the boys got into trouble for silly things, only because McGonagall probably had a soft spot for them, because despite the trouble they get in, hardly any detentions came from her. "Mr Black, I understand someone could have charmed your drink, but why are you in pyjamas?"

There was a lot of chatter between McGonagall, Sirius and James and then, for some reason, Leon Jordan. As soon as Leon started to talk, the three all went quiet and stared at him, "Professor," Leon started, "please agree with the boys, because I know who stole Mr Blacks clothes, it was Fabian, I saw him walking out of their dormitory this morning." Then, as McGonagall went to question Fabian, Leon winked at me and walked away.