Chapter 85|| Deadly Christmas

Now that myself and Sirius were official and public, the rest of the school seemed to catch on pretty quick. However I'm not entirely sure being serenaded in the Great Hall, running to hold my hand, and telling every single Professor we have a right to sit next to each other was exactly subtle, so it wasn't a mystery to how everyone found out. Another upside to being in a relationship with Sirius, is that we spend Christmas together.

"You two are lucky, you already know each other's parents, regardless if they're manic or not, I have to meet the Evans and her annoying sister and her sister's fiancé or something. Can't wait!" James had ranted for a good few minutes now, tending to be overly sarcastic, and was dreading, yet excited to spend the night at Lily's house, meeting some of her family. That meant it would only be the Potter's, myself and Sirius for one night, it was like stealing his parents.

The train ride to the station was fairly quiet, or as quiet at the four Marauders would go, and even meeting up with Euphemia and Fleamont went smoothly. Although Sirius and I did argue about who would carry my luggage, it ending up with him practically snatching it out of my hands and proclaiming he was a wonderful boyfriend. When Mia and Fleamont heard about it, they were overjoyed, saying they knew this day would come.

Getting back into my designated room at the Potter's was like greeting an old friend, it wasn't to say I hated Hogwarts, this year was just going to be extremely stressful, and I knew that I could relax once I was here. "Here are your things love, I'm just going to unpack but after I'm done I'll be back and maybe we can continue where we left off a while ago," Sirius said teasingly, suggesting something to which I was surprised to.

"Siri, honey, I'm not sure continuing in the Potter manor when anyone could walk in, including the people who have practically adopted us, is a good idea," I commented, but the boy wasn't fazed and instead he sighed dramatically, saying, "It'll be worth the wait for January then." As I made to throw one of my shirts at him, making a point of ushering him away, my boyfriend giggled like a child and escaped the room.

The days leading up to Christmas were filled with trips to the Muggle world, visits from Remus and Peter, and decorating the extremely large house ready for the festive day. On one of these days, Remus had arrived with his parents, whom were invited by Euphemia and Fleamont. Lyall and Hope Lupin were two exceptional people, and I could certainly tell where Remus got his manners and kindness from.

Christmas day itself was chaos, James spent the morning with us, sharing gifts and eating lunch, making a point of telling a joke about mine and Sirius' first Christmas as a couple, but then luckily, he was spending the afternoon and evening at Lily's, also staying there overnight. This time it was Sirius telling the jokes, telling James to stay safe as he didn't want to be an uncle just yet.

As James left, Euphemia and Fleamont told me that they had to speak to someone important and even though it was Christmas, these things couldn't be ignored. Walking up the stairs and into Sirius' room, I saw him sitting on a chair, wearing the ring I had bought him for Christmas. "Euphemia and Fleamont had to go, probably a meeting or something, Mia left me in charge," I told him proudly, leaning on the door frame.

"Sure they did," Sirius teased, "has anyone ever told you how pretty you are?" I shook my head, laughing, I wasn't quite sure that I was, so why would anyone else tell me this? Sirius furrowed his brows at my answer, telling me, "Well I'll make sure to tell you every day then, along with that, come here, sit down, I want to talk to you but not from across the room, Minnie doesn't like that."

🟉♛🟉♛🟉♛🟉♛🟉♛🟉♛🟉♛🟉♛🟉♛🟉♛

Boxing day, I woke up with the morning sunshine hitting my face and my hair falling in front of my face. I opened my eyes, blinking at the furious light, slowly coming to terms with the fact that this wasn't my bed, nor was it even my bedroom. What was even harder to come to terms with was the arms that were wrapped around my waist, the arms that belonged to Sirius Black who was breathing lightly against my neck.