Chapter 20|| Winter break

A few days before the winter holidays started, we had to sign a sheet to say if we were staying at Hogwarts; this time, both Sirius and I were going to sign the parchment together, like last year, but James had strongly disagreed and gave us both no choice telling us rather persuasively what to do.

"You're both coming to mine this Christmas and you are not staying alone together again because you were both weird coming back last year. If you say no I'll prank you," Sirius and I were rather frightened by his threat.

There was no real disagreeing argument to it as well, as it was a nice reward to avoid something what could be a disaster. Sirius had also agreed, excited to see James' parents again as during the summer, they were so nice and welcoming, giving us nice food and opportunities, their house was also capable of housing us for two weeks. 

Euphemia and Fleamont (maker of Sleakeazy's hair product, which we teased James about all of the time) were both the best.

It was a nice feeling to be going on the train on the day the holidays officially started, as it felt like going to a home that wanted you and welcomed you. There was no snow on the ground, but as the skies filled with a dark grey cloud - the start of something bigger - there was never the possibility of ruling out that wish, especially as the last four years hadn't snowed. 

Yes, there was ice and snowy ice in the cold North of Scotland, but no proper snow had fallen in the South of England.

"Are you sure your parents are okay with us coming for two weeks?" I asked again, I hated being a bother and was quite worried about what I would come across as for two weeks. Especially when I woke up in the morning and looked a mess. 

James sighed, and said again, "For the twelfth time Thea, I asked them and they were eager slash enthusiastic slash they wanted you to come so stop asking." Remus laughed slightly and checked the time on his watch, I wondered if he had places to be. "I'm going to the bathroom, if the trolley witch comes, get me two chocolate frogs."

The rest of the train ride went with many jokes, a lot of food and the occasional visitor wishing us a Merry Christmas. The trolley witch did come around and I bought my scarred friend chocolate frogs which he seemed to love very much. In respect to Remus, I hadn't brought up his scars or where he went every month although it was starting to become a suspicion.

Even Sirius was thinking about what was happening to Remus. He complained once that, 'Why is Remus not here again? I wonder what's going on.'

Walking off the train and onto Platform 9 and 3/4, it was obvious that myself and Sirius were somewhat awkward with walking to James' parents and apparating to their house. "How are your parents Sirius?" Euphemia asked as we walked up to them. 

He nodded and mumbled, "I don't know, probably fine." James and I laughed heartily, but the adults were both concerned about his lack of acknowledgment. Perhaps they thought his parents were dead or missing.

Our group apparated to the Potter household, which also acted as a manor, and I looked at the large building in awe. I was instantly reminded of the immense Potter wealth, what with them being born into money and then Fleamont Potter developing a well sold product. Stepping through the door of the manor was like stepping into a different, nicer world. 

There was faint music in the background, a classical melody to the classical house. Like a perfect match.

I had been there for about a week until I felt comfortable, Euphemia was a really nice woman, always looking after people and putting others before herself. Fleamont was a funny man, I knew where James got his personality from, he was energetic and excitable, always lifting people's spirit.