Chapter 29|| Animagus

It was a Saturday 12th, still September, and Remus had vanished yesterday, now I knew why. But, there had already been talk of a new Captain and neither myself nor James had found out who yet. The old Captain, Pierce Jacques, had unfortunately left, and as did Sheila Johnson, both of whom were nice people. So that meant we needed a new Keeper, Captain, and one Chaser. 

That is, if the team would still keep the original players. Apparently both Fabian and Gideon had rejected the offer because they both would need to do it together. That left three newbies: myself, James and Natasha Rogers, all three of which were not qualified to be Captain in our eyes. That left us in quite a predicament. 

Now was time to talk to Fabian and Gideon, and hopefully convince one of them to take us on. I pitched that maybe if one of them was Captain this year, and the other the next year, or both co Captains, then next year or the year after, there would be others qualified to take the Captain role. It would probably be James, who had wanted to do it since first year. 

Anyway, I told them my opinion and they both seemed to agree, Fabian taking the Captain role this year, Gideon being gifted with it next year. McGonagall heard of our agreement and she accepted, telling us that the two had better behave and pick some good players, otherwise she'll give them detention for the rest of their lives. 

It was obvious as to why she gave out the warning, it's hard to think that the twin boys would take it seriously.

"Hey Fabian, when's try-outs? Are you keeping the original team on?" James asked. We'd found time in between getting to lunch and sitting with the others, so it was just James, Natasha Rogers, Fabian, Gideon and I stood in the courtyard. Fabian turned to look at him and laughed, then answered, "Nope, I'm getting rid of everyone including Gideon and myself, and, we're all going to the moon." 

He had me in the first half.

Gideon looked strangely at his identical twin brother, and Natasha rolled her eyes, saying sarcastically, "I'm guessing that's a yes then?" Fabian sat down on the half wall and rolled back his shoulders, leaning to the side and relaxing. I wished I had that kind of posture. He huffed, "Of course it's a yes, I can't handle new kids on my own, and you guys already know the drill." 

I laughed at him, thinking that he was more than capable of handling said kids, or older teens with his personality. Everybody seemed to love the twins and always wanted to be around them. Younger and older Gryffindors alike usually found something to talk about with them, they had more Hufflepuff friends than the Hufflepuffs did, and the Ravenclaws loved to joke with them.

Gideon frowned, "Wait really? I wanted to go to the moon." Fabian grinned and agreed with his brother, "So do I brother, but not soon, we'll have to get two new players and train them for our first match. Then we'll go to the moon." There was a question that was running through my mind, wondering what tactics or flying styles we needed to go through and practice. I asked, "Do you know who we're playing Fab?" 

He shrugged, thought about it, and then answered me. "It's either the brains or them sneaky shits from what I've overheard from McGonagall," he said. 

Gideon slumped his shoulders, "So not the Hufflepuffs? I like them." Natasha glared at Gideon and mumbled, "For crying out loud Gideon, shut up with the smart arse comments or you will have to stay ten feet away from me unless you want to get beheaded like Nick." Gideon shook his head frantically, biting the inside of his cheek from making a retort.

Getting to the Great Hall for lunch, Natasha went to sit with her friends, Fab and Gid going to sit with Frank and Leon, that left myself and James to walk over to the Marauders and Lily. I always wondered why Lily sat with the boys if she was easily annoyed by them. I wondered if she was lonely, nobody moved to sit with anyone of a different house, and I guess that left her on her own.