Chapter 26|| Summer but with.. Slytherins?

The start of the summer was extremely depressing, as my mother was told by my tell - tale sister about how I hung around with Muggleborns and blood traitors. As a result, my mother told me to stay in my room for the first week, no going outside to meet anybody, which meant that I couldn't see my friends, and I snuck in sending letters between times my father came in my room. 

Belle, however was allowed her friends over and she had many annoying girls and boys both over. The girls knocked on my door like I was some kind of animal in a Muggle zoo, and the boys whispered harsh things as they walked past. I was sure I saw Regulus Black, the youngest Lestrange, and Crouch Jr once.

After the first week, my mother allowed me to come out of my bedroom and officially send letters again - under supervision - and I was allowed to see people but only with a chaperone, mainly my mother, as she was so nosy and wanted to oversee everything that I did. So, all I had done for three weeks was go to Diagon Alley to get my things and stayed in the house or garden.

It had even got so bad that I had finished all summer homework in just the first five days. I also couldn't practice Quidditch on my broom, and so when it turned to night and everyone else was asleep, by myself, I flew around in the dark, so that my mother wouldn't realise and take my broom from me for the rest of my life.

Then, my father said one night, more like mentioned, about how he hadn't seen the Malfoys for a while, and how they were having a dinner party, and how they'd invited us. I immediately had a bad feeling, I mean, it was the Malfoy's dinner party, of course there would be something happening. 

I tried to protest multiple times, but my mother was not having it and she told us, "You are going to the Malfoy's dinner party or you will spend the rest of the holidays, and perhaps the foreseeable future, in your rooms."

It came to the evening, of the dinner party and my mother had stuffed me in a slightly unbreathable green dress with a longer back than front and a fitted waist. Witches were stuck in the Muggle Victorian era, and thought that corsets were the answer to every problem, and that the showing of ankles was exceptionally scandalous. 

Then I decided to put my own decoration to it, and I wore the necklace that Sirius got me for Christmas, and a pair of white trainers, which my mother tried to take off me, but I wouldn't take the off. Unless she was going to force me, which it wasn't a problem since I was sure the Malfoys judge you on blood status not shoes.

Quickly writing to Sirius to console him, who couldn't make it to the dinner party as his parents didn't want him around to embarrass them, I walked down a flight of stairs and into the hallway. My father made everyone hold on to his arm as we apparated, including my little sister who looked 'perfect' and 'presentable'. 

She wasn't that different to me, she just wore flats instead of trainers, and had pearls on not a necklace that celebrated the house of Gryffindor. I guessed that was the problem with the necklace, although since it was pretty public about my house, I didn't get the reasonings behind my mother's outrage.

Apparating to the front gate of the immense and rather beautiful Malfoy Manor, I looked around. It was a grey day, the clouds were an accurate representation of my emotions. There was huge, black, steel gates with pillars and stone walls either side, blocking the world from coming in, or people from leaving.

It was like a prison, a beautiful and expensive prison with a luscious garden and family portraits. And oddly enough it was exactly how I viewed Purebloods, as an inescapable, expensive decision, that once you were born a Pureblood, that would be the deal for the rest of your life. Inside lived the people who represented the house, a personification of the walls and the structure.