Chapter 9|| Easter

"Right everybody, leave my classroom and look forward to your Easter break. It'll only be a week remember so make what you can of it," Professor Rakepick said as we had the last lesson of the term before the Easter break. It was a full week with everybody, no lessons and no work, just a week of chocolate, some people's religion (which they hopefully prioritised) and perhaps pranks. 

Actually, knowing the boys I do, definitely pranks.

The whole class walked out of Defence Against the Dark Arts and split off their separate ways to the library, common room, castle grounds or somewhere else to relax for their free time. Myself and the boys all walked to the Hogwarts grounds and the Black Lake, meeting a group of third year Ravenclaws all huddled together and chatting about some unimportant subject. I was going to let them be and, so was most of the boys but Sirius said he wanted to sit right where they were sitting.

I rolled my eyes, making a point of telling him there is literally hundreds of places elsewhere to sit near the lake but he yelled, "Oi you older twats, my name is Sirius Black and I want to sit there." I died of second hand embarrassment, and wanted to turn away, but James was laughing way too hard and said, "I want to remember this moment for ever." I smiled slightly and watched as the Ravenclaws all stared bored and unimpressed at Sirius.

One of them asked, "Well, why should we do that, bloody stupid Gryffindor?" I stifled my laughter as the black haired boy said, "Well, I take major offence to that and, as my last name is Black and this is the Black Lake, I would like to claim this before you do. So respectfully but disrespectfully move it." 

The group of Ravenclaws laughed and stood up, one of the boys saying, "Ooh your hard, come on guys lets leave this utter idiot to sit by his lake." Laughing, they walked off, giving occasional glances back to him.

Not wanting to be seen in the presence of the worlds most embarrassing twelve year old, I grabbed onto Remus and Peter's arms and turned us away but James, already running towards him and shouting, "Guys come on, he's got the best spot around the Lake." I sighed, defeated and we all walked to sit next to the two boys. "Thanks Sirius, this is great, nice and sat on. I really appreciate it," Peter remarked. Sirius obviously didn't catch the sarcasm and cheerily thanked him.

"Hey guys, let's get all the food on the Slytherin table to be enchanted, or better yet, just Snape's as I still haven't forgotten what he said to you Thea. Let's make his food swell up his ears twice their size or, put Veritaserum in his drink or make his morning bagel sprinkled with chilli powder," Sirius rambled. 

I laughed and mentally gave thanks for his protective side, and said to him, "Learn spells first and then you can just, slip a little jinx and make him tap dance or something." James and Sirius looked at each other and grinned.

I groaned and then Remus and Peter laughed, amused. I said, "I didn't mean to encourage you boys, wait where are you going, we just got this spot." Then, I heard a sentence I never thought would come out of James Fleamont Potters mouth, "Going to the library." As soon as he said that, I sprung up in shock and followed after him, Peter jumping up and following, Remus sighed in disbelief and followed after us muttering to himself.

It was a few days into the Easter break and we were in the library for two days only having short breaks, trying to fill our brains with something, and also small jinxes to make fun of Severus Snape. I was assured that it was mainly three against two, three of us actually reading for study, the other two (I wonder who) for trying to jinx people. 

After the two days, they'd found what they were looking for and finished suddenly, getting up and walking out, not putting their book back. It left Peter and I baffled, staring blankly at where they had left, whilst Remus Lupin sighed and stretched back in his wooden chair, not even looking up.