Blood Status || Marauders Era

By XEllie_writerX

Athena was a normal girl.. That part was already very wrong. Athena Pattinson was the daughter of a Purebloo... More

Character list
A Playlist
Prologue
Chapter 1|| Meeting my future
Chapter 2|| My house at last
Chapter 3|| My first day
Chapter 4|| The first prank.
Chapter 5|| Detention and confessions
Chapter 6|| Christmas break
Chapter 7|| Back again.
Chapter 8|| Not hearing the end.
Chapter 9|| Easter
Chapter 10|| Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff
Chapter 11|| Lily knows.
Chapter 12|| It's a date?
Chapter 13|| Summer with the Pattinsons
Chapter 14|| Start of second year
Chapter 15|| A big welcome back
Chapter 16|| A conversation.
Chapter 17|| McGonagall is a badass
Chapter 18|| Quidditch try outs.
Chapter 19|| Ugh boys.
Chapter 20|| Winter break
Chapter 21|| Hogwarts, a cloak and Evans.
Chapter 22|| My first Quidditch game
Chapter 23|| Why, Sirius?
Chapter 24|| Jealousy
Chapter 25|| Well rounded prank
Chapter 26|| Summer but with.. Slytherins?
Chapter 27|| Home again
Chapter 28|| Remus, I know.
Chapter 29|| Animagus
Chapter 30|| Ask McGonagall
Chapter 32|| Marlene and Potions
Chapter 33|| Quidditch
Chapter 34|| The Mirror
Chapter 35|| Sneaking in Slytherin
Chapter 36|| Zabini said what?
Chapter 37|| Going home for Christmas
Chapter 38|| The Ball
Chapter 39|| A Valentine's surprise
Chapter 40|| April fools?
Chapter 41|| Chaotic Train Rides
Chapter 42|| The Evan's House
Chapter 43|| Love life
Chapter 44|| Making a mess.
Chapter 45|| Polyjuice
Chapter 46|| A Hogsmeade date?
Chapter 47|| A Quidditch Party
Chapter 48|| Moonlight
Chapter 49|| Planned Chaos
Chapter 50|| The Festive Season
Chapter 51|| Break a leg
Chapter 52|| Patronus
Chapter 53|| Hog's Head
Chapter 54|| The List
Chapter 55|| Snape and werewolves
Chapter 56|| Goodbye 4th Year
Chapter 57|| Prefect
Chapter 58|| Silence
Chapter 59|| The Map
Chapter 60|| Animals
Chapter 61|| Christmas Shopping
Chapter 62|| Careers
Chapter 63|| A Prank on time
Chapter 64|| Confrontation
Chapter 65|| Snape's worst memory
Chapter 66|| After
Chapter 67|| Running Away
Chapter 68|| Scars
Chapter 69|| A dark start to Sixth year
Chapter 70|| A.. small disagreement
Chapter 71|| A prank. On me
Chapter 72|| Christmas
Chapter 73|| A crush
Chapter 74|| Valentines
Chapter 75|| Love Potions
Chapter 76|| A Quidditch Party Kiss
Chapter 77|| June
Chapter 78|| Diagon Alley
Chapter 79|| 7th year
Chapter 80|| Try outs
Chapter 81|| Halloween Party Secrets
Chapter 82|| Rivalry
Chapter 83|| Dates and News
Chapter 84|| A secret relationship
Chapter 85|| Deadly Christmas
Chapter 86|| Pranking and parties
Chapter 87|| An Orderly Easter
Chapter 88|| Potions and Revelations
Chapter 89|| Graduation
Chapter 90|| The Order
Chapter 91|| The Summer of '80
Chapter 92|| Promise?
Chapter 93|| Mission
Chapter 94|| Worries
Chapter 95|| Tales
Chapter 96|| A war Christmas
Chapter 97|| Harry James Potter
Chapter 98|| Downfall
Chapter 99|| Grief
Chapter 100|| Fight
Chapter 101|| Surprises
Chapter 102|| Leo Cronus Black

Chapter 31|| A Hogsmeade werewolf

11 0 0
By XEllie_writerX

It was some point in early November, and it was a very irregular free Friday where we didn't have to do Potions, double Charms, Herbology or Ancient runes, and we could go to Hogsmeade. There was only one downside, it was the full moon tomorrow, and Remus had explained to us how he didn't like to risk the symptoms coming early so he always left the day before. That meant he couldn't join us in the carriage or the trip to Hogsmeade.

We promised him that if we couldn't see him when we came back, we'd give him something when we could, and that the next time it would be fore sure that he was coming with us. It left a bitter sweet atmosphere as we stepped into the horseless carriages on our way to Hogsmeade, just the four of us sharing with an irritable Lily and a carefree Dorcas Meadows. 

Dorcas was striking up a conversation with me and it was an awkward atmosphere. We all knew about Remus except from her.

Getting out of the carriage, thankfully, I decided to divide my time between the two groups, I was initially going to go with the boys but Lily had asked, or pleaded, me to go with the girls so I was going to spend the morning with the Marauders, and the afternoon with the girls. There was a lot of chaos in the morning with the boys planned, and so I hoped we would get over it quickly.

I would also be meeting Lily and the others in the three broomsticks at twelve, and I've heard many things about that place. Leon Jordan swore to me once that he saw a hag in the three broomsticks as she talked to herself and ordered thirteen Firewhiskeys. I didn't know if he was telling the truth, but Fabian agreed with him so I was suspicious.

James asked if we could go and see Zonko's joke shop first, as he'd heard many things about it from the Prewett twins. The shop definitely lived up to it's glory. Zonko's didn't look very big or like much on the outside, the red paint decorating it, but as you walked inside, it was large and spacious, the shelves lined with all kinds of pranking products, and the floor different coloured tiles. 

There was multiple people in the crowded shop, both students on the public, all with a love of joking around. The boys all bought many things from the shop, their pockets full and their money bags considerably lighter. It seemed stupid to other people to spend so much on these products, but what they didn't know was that there was a reputation as Marauders to uphold, and it created a source of their happiness. 

I didn't buy as much, only certain smaller items like nose biting teacups and frog spawn soap. They were easily concealed and they had a very funny affect, it was the best present to your evil parents.

After a long time in the shop, the boys and I had all agreed we wanted to explore around the Shrieking Shack. It was only recently rumoured to be filled with a ghost or murderous spirit, the rumour started exactly a few weeks after we arrived at Hogwarts. I also had a sneaking suspicious what was causing the dreadful noise that the villagers heard. 

But, I wouldn't stop the rumour any time soon, as it was quite entertaining. Especially to the more naïve of us all.

"Do you really think it's haunted Athena?" Peter asked nervously. We were stood a little in front of the other two, standing at the fence and staring at the huge wooden house. Peter glanced at me while I laughed and shook my head, it would do no good to worry a boy that already had so much running through his head. 

James and Sirius snuck behind us both and shouted suddenly, causing shock to kick in and Peter to scream. The two were holding onto each other and laughing at our reactions, James adding, "Thea doesn't know what she's talking about, the Shack is infested with ghouls and spirits which are out for revenge." 

I hit him across the head and tried to calm Peter down, Sirius had a large grin on his face as he watched the curly haired boy flinch and mumble a hurried apology. I put an arm on Peter's shoulder and said, "How about we all just go to The Three Broomsticks and not petrify each other."

The Three Broomsticks was a pub, it was warm and cosy, full of drunkards with fire whiskey and full of sober students and adults sipping butterbeer and pumpkin juice. The lights created a nice atmosphere, one of warmth and friendliness, the young barmaid had blonde curly hair and red heels, Sirius and James both challenging each other to get our orders. 

It was obviously nothing with alcohol in it as, in any case, we were still thirteen and fourteen, it was just pumpkin juice or butterbeer. It was apparently quite nice. I didn't mind however, I wasn't ready to get drunk and go to lessons with a horrible hangover at thirteen.

Half an hour later, the girls that I would be spending the afternoon with walked in and came to sit at our now overly crowded table. There was ten people surrounding the table and there were ten drinks on the table, Lily whispered to me, "We aren't staying in here for long, we're just having a drink and then we're going to go to Honeydukes and look around Gladrags wizard wear. We need a new dress to wear for the weekend, Marlene has a date."

Processing this information, I said my goodbyes to the Marauders who were also going shopping, and I followed the girls through the Hogsmeade path to Honeydukes, a large, comfortable sweet shop buzzing with atmosphere and with people. It was a popular place for practically everyone, and I knew it would be one of my favourites.

There were assortments of confectionary with amounts of chocolate and sweet things for people to eat, and, not so sweet things. There were strange flavours like cockroach cluster, and blood lollipop, possibly for vampires.

I decided that while I was in there, I would buy a stack of their best chocolate for Remus to eat, as it comforts him during his time of the month. I enjoyed calling it that because now if I said it in public, everybody would take it as a joke and not clock on that he was a werewolf, it made the situation sound less intimidating for everyone. 

I also bought myself some things to snack on during the school days in case I was ever hungry. Sugar Quills were my best bet.

We then made a short journey to Gladrags, and I decided to ask Marlene about the new information, "So Marls, a date? With who, when and where, why?" I felt like it was my duty to question every single detail about her date, and make sure they were good enough for her.

Marlene laughed at my enthusiasm and tried to answer my questions in order, "Yeah, it's with a Ravenclaw in a week by the Lake, they said it would be a picnic just so I could dress appropriately, I'm glad they gave me a warning or I would've turned up in something too extravagant. I'm quite nervous."

It was obvious that she would get a date soon, Marlene was, well, gorgeous and she had a nice personality, she was one of my best friends, and I was happy for her. I knew that she had three siblings, and that she always fought for attention just to feel special, but she didn't need to, she was enough. 

I watched as Mary sat in a corner and her eyes lit up every time Marlene tried on a new dress. I saw Lily and Alice walking through the clothes and inspect something every now and then. I saw Aafiya look at a dress Marlene tried on, which was a floral, simple, knee length dress. I spotted Dorcas look through the window and inspect a blue dinner party gown, and Pandora physically drag her away after seeing the price tag in the window. 

I also spotted Evelyn look in the shop and I swore that we made eye contact, but she walked away with her friends and I couldn't tell. It was the sixth choice when Marlene finally picked a dress. The dress was black with silver stars along the bottom and it was long sleeved, knee length with a v shaped neck line. 

I made a joke, "That dress is beautiful Marls and it suits you but it's a bit Sirius Black isn't it?" All the girls giggled, and Marlene's lips quirked into a smile, but she looked once more in the mirror and said, "I guess I'll flaunt it in front of him then." We paid for her dress and something Alice bought, and then walked out of the shop at three thirty, making our way back to the castle and our dorms to put everything away.

Whilst the girls put away whatever they'd bought, I brought my chocolate I got for Remus, and walked into the boys dormitory room to put it on his bed. What I didn't expect was the boys to already be in there holding a bag with something in and whispering while Andre was in the corner reading some French Book called Le Petit Prince. 

I walked up to them on Peter's bed and waved at them. The three didn't notice me, but probably because they were too busy with something by Sirius' bed. "How do you think Remus is doing? I mean, it must be a painful transformation," Peter said quietly, looking at the empty space. It felt weird with the boys not being complete.

I chipped in, noticing his expression, "Yes Peter, and that is why we are bringing our wolfie friend some presents to make him happy." Peter jumped as he obviously didn't see me, and I patted his shoulder as a sorry. 

James spared us both a glance as he rolled his eyes, "We have to hide it though, as Remus likes to think he's independent and we need to half respect that. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Also, I like the sound of being on a spy mission." 

Sirius ignored his best friends speech and rummaged through his bag, picking out a fluffy blue jumper, and grabbed the chocolate out of my hand saying, "I've got the chocolate and the sweater we bought, was there anything else? I don't think so. Put his sweater in the cupboard and if he asks, it was always there, and he just has too many he never noticed." 

I agreed with him, it was better to let Remus not know then to put it all on him when he was too embarrassed to accept it.

"Yes do that, and I've been thinking with all of this Remus stuff, you know that we'll have to come up with code names when we change to our animagus forms," Peter said. We all fell into a thoughtful silence, well, mine was much less thoughtful, but I found it amusing how they took nicknames so seriously. 

"I already know Remus', I was thinking about it last night when I was half asleep, he's got a thing with the moon so call him Moony," James said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Sirius laughed, "But don't tell him, he's got to guess that he's Moony."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.9K 2.1K 20
• Sirius X Reader • Nobody seems to know why Y/N and Sirius hate each other. They just do. Maybe it's just embedded in their DNA. Maybe pureblood Sly...
40K 1.3K 29
"So if its words that you are looking for McKinnon, I am fluently gifted with the art of speaking. But I'd much rather spend every day showing you ex...
3.7K 184 25
❝I fucking lost control and almost hurt you.❞ She never knew what she would become. She never knew what would happen in her future. She never knew of...
38.1K 967 20
"I hate you so much Potter!" Y/n shouted, pointing her wand threateningly at the smirking boy. "No you don't." the boy said, winking at her as he mov...