Blood Status || Marauders Era

By XEllie_writerX

Athena was a normal girl.. That part was already very wrong. Athena Pattinson was the daughter of a Purebloo... More

Character list
A Playlist
Prologue
Chapter 1|| Meeting my future
Chapter 2|| My house at last
Chapter 3|| My first day
Chapter 4|| The first prank.
Chapter 5|| Detention and confessions
Chapter 6|| Christmas break
Chapter 7|| Back again.
Chapter 8|| Not hearing the end.
Chapter 9|| Easter
Chapter 10|| Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff
Chapter 11|| Lily knows.
Chapter 12|| It's a date?
Chapter 13|| Summer with the Pattinsons
Chapter 14|| Start of second year
Chapter 15|| A big welcome back
Chapter 16|| A conversation.
Chapter 17|| McGonagall is a badass
Chapter 18|| Quidditch try outs.
Chapter 19|| Ugh boys.
Chapter 20|| Winter break
Chapter 21|| Hogwarts, a cloak and Evans.
Chapter 22|| My first Quidditch game
Chapter 24|| Jealousy
Chapter 25|| Well rounded prank
Chapter 26|| Summer but with.. Slytherins?
Chapter 27|| Home again
Chapter 28|| Remus, I know.
Chapter 29|| Animagus
Chapter 30|| Ask McGonagall
Chapter 31|| A Hogsmeade werewolf
Chapter 32|| Marlene and Potions
Chapter 33|| Quidditch
Chapter 34|| The Mirror
Chapter 35|| Sneaking in Slytherin
Chapter 36|| Zabini said what?
Chapter 37|| Going home for Christmas
Chapter 38|| The Ball
Chapter 39|| A Valentine's surprise
Chapter 40|| April fools?
Chapter 41|| Chaotic Train Rides
Chapter 42|| The Evan's House
Chapter 43|| Love life
Chapter 44|| Making a mess.
Chapter 45|| Polyjuice
Chapter 46|| A Hogsmeade date?
Chapter 47|| A Quidditch Party
Chapter 48|| Moonlight
Chapter 49|| Planned Chaos
Chapter 50|| The Festive Season
Chapter 51|| Break a leg
Chapter 52|| Patronus
Chapter 53|| Hog's Head
Chapter 54|| The List
Chapter 55|| Snape and werewolves
Chapter 56|| Goodbye 4th Year
Chapter 57|| Prefect
Chapter 58|| Silence
Chapter 59|| The Map
Chapter 60|| Animals
Chapter 61|| Christmas Shopping
Chapter 62|| Careers
Chapter 63|| A Prank on time
Chapter 64|| Confrontation
Chapter 65|| Snape's worst memory
Chapter 66|| After
Chapter 67|| Running Away
Chapter 68|| Scars
Chapter 69|| A dark start to Sixth year
Chapter 70|| A.. small disagreement
Chapter 71|| A prank. On me
Chapter 72|| Christmas
Chapter 73|| A crush
Chapter 74|| Valentines
Chapter 75|| Love Potions
Chapter 76|| A Quidditch Party Kiss
Chapter 77|| June
Chapter 78|| Diagon Alley
Chapter 79|| 7th year
Chapter 80|| Try outs
Chapter 81|| Halloween Party Secrets
Chapter 82|| Rivalry
Chapter 83|| Dates and News
Chapter 84|| A secret relationship
Chapter 85|| Deadly Christmas
Chapter 86|| Pranking and parties
Chapter 87|| An Orderly Easter
Chapter 88|| Potions and Revelations
Chapter 89|| Graduation
Chapter 90|| The Order
Chapter 91|| The Summer of '80
Chapter 92|| Promise?
Chapter 93|| Mission
Chapter 94|| Worries
Chapter 95|| Tales
Chapter 96|| A war Christmas
Chapter 97|| Harry James Potter
Chapter 98|| Downfall
Chapter 99|| Grief
Chapter 100|| Fight
Chapter 101|| Surprises
Chapter 102|| Leo Cronus Black

Chapter 23|| Why, Sirius?

13 1 0
By XEllie_writerX

"Hello Evans, having a nice day?" That was what I woke up to, as I opened my eyes to a scream coming from said woman. "Oh, you're awake now Thea, James don't drop me!" I sat up straight in bed, I was in the girl's dorms but why was I hearing the voice of a male, specifically Sirius Black's voice. 

I looked over to the direction of the scream and saw Lily, with her face pale, and her mouth hanging open in shock. I saw Marlene rush out of the bathroom, hurriedly looking around for the trouble, the rest must be at breakfast. It was a Sunday.

I got out of my bed and looked out of the window the two girls were looking out of, and nearly jumped out of my skin. Sirius Black was hovering above our dormitory window, and he waving at us all with a grin on his face. I flung open the window and pulled him inside, James on his broomstick, holding Sirius' collar fell in too. I looked at them both in a tangle of limbs on the floor.

"WHAT THE HELL, SIRIUS ORION BLACK!" I shouted. Waking up to a boy hovering above your window and a girl's scream is not something a cranky person would like to wake up to. I saw his half sheepish, half annoyed look on his face as he mumbled, "I wish I didn't tell you my middle name." I ignored his remark and turned to his friend who gripped tighter to his broomstick.

I looked at James and spoke with irritation, "James Fleamont Potter, please tell me why you was dangling Sirius above the girls bedroom window. You'd better have a good explanation or I'll stick your head onto the end of that broom." 

He winced, knowing that I would fully commit to my cause, and he mumbled something, not hearing him the first time, I stared coldly, and he said quietly, "Well, we both found it unfair that you was allowed in our room but we weren't allowed in yours." 

"With good reason Potter," Marlene said icily from beside me. James grinned up at her flatteringly and stood up slowly, Sirius doing the same and saying to her, obviously trying to get back into her good books, "How lovely to see you on a weekend Marlene, done something new to your hair? Cut it perhaps?" 

She cracked her knuckles viciously and muttered, "No, but yours will if you don't get out of here in three... two.... one." Sirius and James both ran rapidly from the room, and I heard laughter from below.

I opened the door slightly and heard Remus and Peter laughing at them both, Remus saying cheerily, "I told you they wouldn't react positively about you two above their window. You should've just asked them to accompany you on the stairs up." I heard a shriek and James' voice saying, "You can do that?" Laughing at their antics, my frustration at them waking me up was ebbing away.

"Honestly, they're so unintelligent, what do they think that our reaction would be? And their triumphant smiles just vex me," Lily huffed, venting out her thoughts. Marlene patted her on the shoulder, but she didn't seem to sympathetic, and she said, "At least you had me, if I wasn't there they probably would've stayed. They're not scared of you Lily, James actually kind of likes you, I think anyways."

I joined in to give my opinion, knowing what type of people that those boys really were, and added, "Unfortunately." I really felt intense sympathy towards her, because having James Potter like you, was like having another shadow, and it must have been some unspoken torture.

Walking down the marble stairs and into the Great Hall, I spotted the four Marauders pushing each other near the doorway and chuckling loudly. I heard one of them say, "Have you ever just thought that James and Sirius and Remus is plural, like more than one Jame, Siriu and Remu. WHY IS PETER NOT PLURAL!" 

I giggled at their antics - and the very strange conversation - and as I came down to the bottom of the stairs, I then also heard Peter try and defend himself by saying nothing exactly worthwhile, "At least I'm actually called Peter, your parents have been lying to you and not calling you Jame." 

"Going into the grounds boys, at our spot near the Lake?" I asked them as I finished walking down the stairs. I stood next to them all, and finally noticed how much taller they'd grown in such a short space of time, especially Remus. We all ambled down to the Lake and luckily for us, no one was sitting in our spot underneath a tree with the shade in the summer and the last of the sun in the winter.

"So, this Marauders thing, does it need to have a leader, like we've been calling ourselves that for ages now and we need to decide if it's a democracy or communism or what? Because I'm not going around and telling everyone we don't have a political system," Sirius told us. 

I frowned and stared at him, wondering where this subject had come from. James was eager to tell us all about his ideas, but as Peter told me, James wanted to call the Marauders, 'James and the Potter gang', so his opinion was irrelevant.

I turned in my seat to stare across the other side of the Lake and spotted Sawyer Vaughn, the cold and smug Gryffindor in the year below, talking with a Ravenclaw boy and Slytherin girl who, on further inspection, I saw to be some random boy, and my sister. I stood up from my seat and Remus' head whipped up to look at me. 

I, all the while, was trying to tell what angle the conversation was going, if it was good or an argument and, upon seeing them, it was strangely civil.

"Are you good Thea?" Remus asked me. I nodded at him but he still followed my gaze and saw my sister talking to the other two boys and he spoke quietly, "I'm thinking it's who she's talking to, and not fact they're just boys." I confirmed his theory and sat back down, knowing I was overreacting and that they were probably all stuck up and planning world domination together, or at least trying to. 

If I knew anything about my sister, it was that she was as cold as my mother, and liked to lead not follow.

"Having a nice and leisurely chat are we?" I rolled my eyes at the smarmy voice and saw Mulciber, Rosier and Malfoy looking down at us. "We was until you came along," Sirius remarked. He was the first to stand up and defend his ground and the rest of us followed, doing the exact same. 

"That's not a nice way to talk to someone now, is it brother? Congratulations on both winning Ravenclaw and Slytherin by the way." My head snapped to the direction of that voice, and I saw Regulus Black.

I'd never heard Regulus Black talk much before and hearing his true voice, it was exceptionally patronising, like how you'd speak to a child you didn't like very much. His expression was stony and sarcastic, a simple roll of the eyes and a slight smirk on his features made that a reality. It was obvious he was Sirius' brother, the only difference being that Sirius had longer hair and was a lot nicer, and sounded a lot kinder and happier than the younger Black did.

"Well, only for you Reggie," Sirius said. I could now see an invisible competition in them both, seeing who could have the last word and who could deflate the other's confidence the quickest. It seemed that others could feel the tension too, Remus held onto his friends shoulder and drove his shoulder away from his brother, the youngest obviously declaring it as a victory within himself. "Getting other people to fight your battles for you brother?"

Sirius whirled around and stood back in front of his brother, "I fight my own battles." He then shoved Regulus to the ground, ignoring the shouting from his friends and the Slytherins and walked off, heading towards the castle courtyard. 

The boys had all followed him, but Peter hesitated and asked me, "Are you going to stay here with them? Come on Athena, I don't want them to vent their anger out on you." I shook my head at his offer and he walked off quickly, following the rest of the boys.

"I'm sorry about Sirius, I just guess it's harder fighting with a sibling," I said. Revelling in the surprise in the Slytherin faces, I smiled sweetly and walked off towards where I last saw the boys heading towards and found the talking rushed and quietly to each other. Kill them with kindness was what Aafiya always said.

Shockingly, Lily and Mary was also there, listening to all of the facts and gossip. Though I'm sure the difference between them is that Lily would never repeat anything that they said if she didn't get permission to.

"Did you punch him or did he get to you first then? Well, I can't see a bruise though so.. well done!" Mary rambled. I walked up behind James and shoved past him, sitting on the wall next to Lily. "Actually, Sirius just shoved him, obviously hurting his brother is way up there, he'd need to do something really bad for that to happen. Question though, why, Sirius?" He looked at me and shrugged, then sensing that we weren't satisfied, he continued.

"Well, he said something that I used to say to my parents, and it kind of triggered me back to the point when they'd yell at me for not believing what they do. When he asked if I fight my own battles, it led me back to when I told him I didn't need his help and I was fine. He was using my emotions against me the little backstabbing manipulator," Sirius said in annoyance. 

I smiled at him in empathy, I knew what it was like to be a part of that world. But then again, it must be worse at his side of the Pureblood system then at my side. It was opposite sides of the same coin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 506 65
Jupiter Black is the daughter of the infamous murderer Sirius Black. Her mother, Marlene McKinnon, died when Jupiter was just a baby and her father i...
149 15 9
Estelle Riddle was never supposed to be born. She was like a dirty little secret that once it was released it would reak havoc on the world. Being th...
701K 33K 200
They say blood is thicker than water. But they don't tell you its the blood of the covenant and the water of the womb. Lavinia Selwyn is everything h...
139K 4.7K 75
When a young girl befriends both the Marauders and Severus Snape, chaos ensues as she is constantly forced to pick a side. Tensions rise as she is in...