That should be me

Everybody's laughing in my mind

since you left adam he hasn't laughed or smiled.

Does he love you the way I can

he still has love for you, he knows your new boyfriend will never love you like he loves you. 

 That should be me, holding your hand

when he would see you in public holding your boyfriends hand he would always think that should be him.

That should be me, making you laugh

he always loved hearing you laugh. when he saw you laughing with someone else he felt a pain in his heart.

That should be me, feeling your kiss

he missed kissing you. it tore him up that you were kissing someone else. 

That should be me, buying you gifts

he loved spoiling you. now when he sees you wearing new things, it broke him. he was sad that he could no longer buy you new things. 

You said you needed a little time from my mistakes 

you guys got into a fight and decided to spend some time apart. you thought it was best. 

It's funny how you used that time to have me replaced

when he was ready to date again, you told him you moved on. he wished you good luck in your new relationship and that was the last time you spoke

You're taking him where we used to go
Now if you're trying to break my heart 

It's working cause you know 

there was a spot that you adam used to go to so you could escape reality. you started taking your boyfriend there and adam felt empty. that was your guys special spot. 

I need to know should I fight for our love
Or disarm
It's getting harder to shield
This pain in my heart 

adam is debating on if trying to win you back is worth it. he feels so empty. he doesn't feel emotion anymore. he feels like his heart was ripped from his chest. he needed you, but you didn't need him. 

That should be me
Giving you flowers
That should be me
Talking for hours
That should be me 

when adam would walk to the park he would see you and your boyfriend talking for hours. he missed doing that with you, he missed buying you flowers, he just wanted you back. but he knew you weren't coming back.

I never shoulda let you go
Never shoulda let you go 
That should be me

he regrets that stupid fight you guys had. he wish he could turn back time but he cant. he was slowly accepting the fact that your no longer his. 

I'm never gonna let you go 
That should be me
Never gonna let you go

he finally accepted the fact that you weren't his anymore. hes still always gonna be thinking of you. he knew you were happier without him. he knew you will always hold a special place in his heart. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i can relate to this song a little bit. i might do more of these so suggest songs!

merry christmas and stay safe my loves💕