What Do You Want from Me?

~ Mallorie ~

As the world started to come back to Mallorie, she swayed slightly. She tried to open her eyes, but the light burned too much. All of the pain from last night came rushing back to her. The wounds on her body screamed. The more awake she felt, the more she noticed, like the hands on her body and the rope around her wrists and ankles.

Mallorie's eyes shot open despite the way the light hurt. She hadn't completely woken up yet, so her limbs didn't really respond the way she wanted them to. Instead of kicking and hitting the person holding her, she kind of jerked in his arms before he set her on the couch. He pulled off his hat and sunglasses, but Mallorie didn't recognize him.

"What do you want?" She asked as he untied her.

"Shhh." He held a finger up to his lips.

"Please, I'm hurt," Mallorie said.

"I know." The man's eyes began to change. "Just a taste."

Mallorie shrieked as he came closer to the wound on her arm. His fangs popped out as his mouth dropped toward the blood on her sleeve. Mallorie tried to push him away, but he hardly moved.

"Trevor!" A female voice with an English accent scolded from behind him. "Control yourself."

"Buzzkill." Trevor stood and walked past the woman.

Mallorie finally took in her surroundings the house was clearly being squatted in by these vampires. The furniture was old and torn up. Most of the windows were covered in cardboard. Only a few lightbulbs lit the rooms that the sun didn't reach.

Finally, Mallorie's eyes landed on the woman. She had short hair that pointed out around her face. Though she looked young, Mallorie could only assume she was close to Damon's age. The woman stared down at Mallorie with piercing green eyes. 

"What do you want with me?" Mallorie asked.

"Oh my God, you look just like her." The woman stepped toward Mallorie. "Well, what she looks like now, anyway."

"But I'm not." Mallorie could hear the quiver in her voice and tried to rein it in as she sat up straight. "Please, whatever you--"

"Be quiet!" The woman snapped.

"But I'm not Katherine." Mallorie rose to her feet and approached the woman. "My name is Mallorie Dupuis. You don't have to do this."

"I know who you are. I said be quiet." The woman raised her brows.

"What do you want?" Mallorie asked.

Before she knew what was happening, the woman smacked her. The world collapsed into darkness again.

*****

The next time Mallorie awoke, she heard the two talking above her. 

"So, you called him?" Trevor asked.

"No, I called one of his contacts," the woman said. "You know how it works."

"Did you, or did you not get the message to Elijah?" Trevor asked.

"They say he got it." The woman's voice became more intense.

"Wonderful, and what?" Trevor matched her intensity.

Mallorie got up and started creeping up the ornate stairs. The stairs led to a hall. Mallorie could see the two talking in a large room at the end of it.

"So that's it, Trevor. He either got it or he didn't. We just have to wait." The woman's voice radiated rage.

"Look, it's not too late. We can leave her here. We don't have to go through with this." Trevor seemed panicked.