Trick or Treat?

"Mal!" Matt's voice woke Mallorie.

"Huh. What's happening?" Mallorie asked as she sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"Vick didn't come home last night." Matt ran a hand through his blond hair.

Mallorie yawned. "I'm sure she's at Jeremy's again."

"I just got off the phone with Elena. She said Vicki isn't there." Matt's eyes were wild.

"Matty. Breathe." Mallorie stood from the couch. "We'll find her, okay?"

"And what if we don't?" Matt asked.

Mallorie grabbed Matt's shoulders. "We will."

After assembling a search party and looking high and low for Vicki, she appeared at the Donovan residence. But something was off. Matt tried to calm her, but they ended up fighting. Vicki left.

"We're not staying home tonight," Matt said.

"What if Vick comes back?" Mallorie asked.

"She'll come back to an empty house." Matt stood up. "We're going to the Halloween dance."

"Are you sure you're up to this?" Mallorie asked.

"Yes. I'm tired of playing Vicki's games." Matt walked to his room.

"What are you doing?" Mallorie giggled.

"Changing!" Matt appeared in the doorway. "I suggest you do the same."

"What do you suggest I change into?" Mallorie put her hands on her hips.

"I'm sure Vick's got something in her room." Matt grinned.

After a few minutes of pairing things together, Mallorie appeared in the living room.

"What are you wearing?" Matt asked.

"I'm Alice from Through the Looking Glass." Mallorie glanced at herself in the mirror.

She had paired a white tulle dress with black and white stockings. An old-fashioned watch hung around her waist. She had also been able to find a small hat to tie around her chin. Hoping Vick wouldn't mind, she borrowed some makeup.

"Do I look bad?" Mallorie asked.

"No, just different." Matt chuckled.

Mallorie slapped his arm. "It's all I could find. Some of us don't have a costume from last year."

"Right. Good excuse." Matt grinned.

"We'll be late." Mallorie giggled grabbing a bag and walking to the door.

At the party, the two kept trying to catch Vick, but she continued to elude them by throwing Stefan under the bus. Matt, being a good younger brother, believed her. Mallorie finally managed to catch her with Jeremy out in the back bus parking lot. She was sucking the blood out of his lip.

"Vick! Stop, please!" Mallorie pushed her off Jeremy.

Vicki grabbed her and threw her into a pile of garbage nearby. Stefan appeared and pushed Vicki against a bus.

"Vicki!" Jeremy yelled.

Elena showed up at the back door.

Vicki disappeared

"Go. Get inside. Go!" Stefan turned to look for Vicki.

Elena took Jeremy's hand and ran. Mallorie followed them. Stefan kept searching for Vicki.

Elena screamed as Vicki pushed Jeremy out of the way and set her sights on Elena. Mallorie slammed into Elena. Vicki reached out, grabbed Mallorie, and sunk her teeth into Mallorie's neck. Pain erupted throughout Mallorie's being. In a millisecond, it was over.