Paying a Visit

When she awoke the next morning, Mallorie didn't remember falling asleep last night. She touched her neck out of habit and felt her necklace. Maybe everything that happened yesterday was a bad dream. However, when she opened her eyes, she was in the Salvatore house with Damon's clothes on. She sighed and pulled herself out of bed.

The house seemed quiet, so she made her way downstairs. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she made her way down to the parlor. As she stepped down where the couches were, she collided with something warm.

"Sorry." Mallorie pulled her hands from her eyes and nearly fainted in horror.

"I'm not going to hurt you." Rose held up her hands.

Mallorie backed away before she turned and ran for the stairs. Before she could get far, two strong arms wrapped around her waist. Despite, the clear strength difference, Mallorie tried to fight it. 

"Hey, it's me. Calm down," Damon muttered.

Mallorie pushed out of his grip. "What is she doing here?"

"We need to know what she knows." Stefan stepped into the parlor.

"Is this about that vampire from yesterday?" Mallorie marched past Damon.

"Yes, I have more information concerning Elijah and the others." Rose took a seat on the couch.

"You mean the originals?" Mallorie took a seat across from Rose. 

"Yes, but first, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. That's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real." Terror crept into Rose's eyes.

"Who's Klaus?" Mallorie asked.

Damon sat beside Mallorie. "He's a legend."

Stefan leaned against the armrest on the other side of Mallorie. "He's from the first generation of vampires."

"Like Elijah?" Mallorie furrowed her brows.

"No." Rose shook her head. "Elijah was the Easter Bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal."

"Klaus is known to be the oldest." Stefan stared down at the carpet.

"So, what you're saying is the oldest vampire in history is coming after me?" Mallorie felt like she had been punched in the gut. 

"Yes." Rose didn't hesitate.

"No." Stefan narrowed his eyes and looked at Rose.

Damon turned toward Mallorie until his knee pressed against hers. "What they're saying is, I mean if what she's saying is true--"

"Which it is," Rose interrupted.

Damon raised his brows and shot Rose a look. "And you're not just saying this so I don't kill you."

"Which I'm not." Rose matched Damon's glare.

Damon returned his gaze to Mallorie. "Then we're looking at a solid maybe."

"That's not exactly comforting." Mallorie sighed.

"Look, Elijah is dead, right?" Stefan asked. "So no one else even knows you exist."

"Not that you know of." Rose crossed her legs and inspected her nails.

"That's not helping." Stefan's jaw twitched.

Damon took Mallorie's hand. "Hey, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all we know he could just be some sort of stupid bedtime story."