Revelations

The man threw Mallorie across one of the cafeteria tables. She crashed to the floor. The man quickly flipped the table and moved toward Mallorie. She scrambled backward. Her hand found a pencil. Though she picked it up, she continued to scramble.

The man picked her up by her arms and slammed her against the wall. He bore his fangs and moved toward her neck. Mallorie shrieked before stabbing the pencil into his stomach.

With a groan, the man staggered back. He looked at his bloody stomach before coming at her again. Mallorie raised her pencil. The man flinched away and raised his hand. Mallorie stabbed right through it. It only took one more pencil to the abdomen to push the man to the ground.

Mallorie tried to run away and bumped into a mop in a bucket. She pulled the mop out and broke it over her knee. To defend against the man's oncoming attack, Mallorie thrust the broken mop at him. The man grabbed her wrist and threw the mop away. Mallorie screamed as he lunged at her neck again.

Someone pulled him off of her.

"Hey, dimwit." Stefan spun the mop in his hand. "We just want to talk."

The man rushed Mallorie again. Before he could reach her, Stefan tossed the stake to Damon who slammed it into the man's stomach. He grunted and fell to the ground.

"Now you feel like talkin'?" Damon asked.

"Screw you." The man groaned.

Damon shoved the stake in further. "Not the right answer. Why are you doing this?"

"Because it's fun." The man spit.

Damon shoved the stake again. "What do you want with Mallorie?"

"She's related to Katherine." The man grinned as they looked at her.

Stefan squatted down with Damon. "You knew Katherine?"

"You thought you were the only ones." The man laughed. "You don't even remember me."

"Tell me how to get into the tomb," Damon demanded.

"No."

This time Stefan grabbed the stake and shoved it in.

"The grimoire." The man screamed.

"Where is it?" Damon asked.

"Check the journal." The man gasped. "Jonathon Gilbert's journal."

"Who else are you working with?" Stefan asked.

The man shook his head.

"Who else is there?" Damon yelled.

"No. You're going to kill me," the man said.

Damon nodded to Stefan, who proceeded to pull the stake out of his stomach and slam it into his chest. Mallorie shrieked. Damon hugged her as she watched the man's skin turn gray.

"What do we...how will we find the others now?" Mallorie asked.

"He had to die." Stefan frowned.

"But..."

"Mal," Damon said. She looked up at him. "He'd been invited in."

A door opened. Across the cafeteria, Alaric Saltzman walked past one of the doors. Mallorie looked between the boys for help.

"Go, I got this," Stefan said.

"I'll see you later." Damon vamp-sped out of the cafeteria.

Stefan picked up the man and threw him over his shoulder. "Do you need a ride home?"