Oh My Katherine

Before she could speak, Stefan grabbed Mallorie by the throat and slammed her against the wall. All of the air left her lungs. With the force Stefan applied to her airway, breathing was difficult but not quite impossible.

"What are you doing?" Mallorie choked back tears.

"How could you do this?" Stefan pressed harder.

"You're hurting me." Mallorie was beginning to see stars.

The next thing she knew, she dropped to the floor. She coughed and spluttered trying to see what was happening. Damon had knocked Stefan out of the way. While Stefan got to his feet, Damon took a moment to wrap his hand around Katherine's neck, but she just smirked with glee. Elena dropped to the floor and rubbed Mallorie's back.

"I'm good." Mallorie held up her hand.

"It's getting really easy being you." Katherine jeered.

Damon slammed her against the wall, but she kept chuckling.

"Let's her go." Mallorie stood and rubbed her throat.

Though she had spoken, Damon didn't let go. In fact, he was visibly shaking with rage. Mallorie walked over and touched his arm.

"It's okay. Let her go." Mallorie looked at Katherine. "I just want to talk."

Damon slowly released Katherine's throat. Mallorie rubbed Damon's upper arm, but anger was still plastered to his face. With a gentle grip on his elbow, Mallorie led him to the parlor. The others followed.

"What is she doing here?" Mallorie massaged her throat as Katherine plopped down on the couch and started flipping through a book.

"When we killed Elijah, it broke the compulsion and freed the bitch from the tomb." Damon ripped the book from Katherine's hands.

"How is that possible?" Elena asked as she clung to Stefan's arm.

"He's an Original. They have all sorts of special skills." Katherine grinned.

Mallorie locked eyes with her, marched around the couch, and stopped directly in front of Katherine. "I don't want you here. Get out."

"You need me, Mallorie." Katherine glanced around the room. "You all do."

"Like hell." Stefan glared.

"We all want the same thing: Klaus dead." Katherine shrugged and leaned back. "Yet here you all are, running around like chickens with their heads cut off."

Mallorie leaned in real close. "I don't need your help, and I don't want it."

Katherine matched Mallorie's glare. "And that's incredibly stupid. Do you know where Klaus is? When he's coming? What he looks like?"

"If you know something, say it or leave." Damon snarled from his position against the wall.

"Fine." Katherine stood and strutted over to Damon. "I'll just go to the Grill for lunch." She looked over her shoulder at Mallorie. "Maybe Jenna is free for a bite."

Mallorie's blood boiled in her veins. As she balled her fists ready to attack, Damon used his vamp speed to grab her before she could even take a step toward Katherine. Mallorie fought him for a moment but realized her efforts were useless.