You're Still Breathing

~ Mallorie ~

With the fight still looming in her mind, Mallorie decided that she would take a break from seeing him for a while. She spent the night at Elena's house for a couple of nights until it was time to set up the school for the senior prank, which Matt was doing an excellent job of ruining. He had yet to forgive her, so she decided her skills would be better used elsewhere.

"Hey, where you going?" Bonnie asked. 

"To superglue Ric's desk shut." Mallorie shrugged with a smile. "I'm making memories."

Caroline and Bonnie both smiled before Mallorie walked out of the room. As she made her way down the hall to get to Ric's room, she saw Tyler bossing some people around. Though he wasn't the best student ever, he certainly had some good leadership qualities when it came to succeeding for his own means. 

Mallorie couldn't help but smile as she walked through the fire doors that divided the corridors. Not being on high alert, she shook her head as she moved toward Ric's room. She almost ran into someone. As she went to apologize, her heart fell to her toes. The last person she wanted to see stood in front of her.

"There's my girl." Klaus's face was menacing and cold.

"Klaus." Mallorie felt like she couldn't breathe.

Klause grinned and Mallorie tried to run, but he was too fast for her. "You are supposed to be dead. What are we going to do about that?"

Panic swelled in Mallorie at Klaus's words. Instead of running when he reached for her, Mallorie stood frozen. Klaus's hand wrapped tightly around Mallorie's upper arm. Visions of him sinking his teeth into her neck resurfaced. Mallorie tried to wrench herself out of his grip, but he wouldn't let her. Klaus dragged her through multiple corridors of the school.

"You put a rather large kink in my plans, sweetheart. The whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids. I haven't been able to do that. Now, my bet is, it has something to do with the fact that you're still breathing," Kalus said.

Mallorie's anxiety had started to ebb only to be replaced by the anger she felt from that night. Jenna had sacrificed herself for what reason if Klaus killed her or her friends? "If you're going to kill me, just do it!"

"Not until I know I'm right. But I do have ways of making you suffer." Klaus wrapped his arms around her to drag her into the gymnasium. With the biggest grin on his face, Klaus spoke in an American accent. "Attention, seniors. You have officially been busted. Prank night is over. Head on home."

Mallorie tried to break free, but Klaus's hand tightened so it was painful to move.

"You two. I remember you," Klaus said to Dana and Chad.

Mallorie wanted to scream for them to run. She wanted everyone to get as far away as they could.

"I'm sorry. Who are you?" Dana asked.

"Oh, don't worry, I wasn't in my right head the last time we met," Klaus said. "Lift your foot up, please, Dana."

Mallorie didn't have to look at Klaus to know he was compelling Dana.

Klaus looked at Chad. "If she drops her foot, Chad, I want you to beat her to death. Understood?" 

Chad nodded. Dana cast a nervous look at Chad.

"Don't, Klaus." Mallorie finally regained her voice. "You don't have to hurt anybody."

"Oh, come on, love. Of course, I do," Klaus's voice dripped with malice.

They stood there for a long time waiting for whatever Klaus was waiting for. As time trickled on, Dana came closer and closer to tumbling over or dropping her foot. Mallorie wanted to argue with Klaus but knew it would make things worse.