Hello Brother

~ Damon ~

After his attack on the girl in the woods, Damon knew his brother would be aware that he was back in Mystic Falls. It was time for him to make a trip to their old house. He watched as Stefan charged into their house and slammed the door behind him.

"Time for a little show," Damon muttered to himself.

As soon as the light flicked on in his brother's bedroom, Damon's crow flew into the window. Damon jumped up onto the balcony. 

"Damon," Stefan said as he turned to face him.

Damon grinned. "Hello, brother."

"The crow's a bit much, don't ya think?" Stefan asked.

Damon entered his bedroom. "Wait until you see what I can do with the fog."

"When'd you get here?" Stefan asked.

"Well, I couldn't miss your first day of school." Damon poked around Stefan's bookshelf. "Your hair's different. I like it."

"It's been fifteen years, Damon." Stefan crossed his arms.

"Thank God. I couldn't take another day of the nineties. That horrible grunge look?" Damon pulled a disgusted face. "Did not suit you. Remember, Stefan, it's important to stay away from fads."

"Why are you here?"

Damon held up his hands. "I miss my little brother."

Stefan rolled his eyes. "You hate small towns. There's nothing for you to do."

"I managed to keep myself busy." Damon smirked.

"You know, you left that girl alive tonight. That's very clumsy of you." Stefan pursed his lips.

"Ah. That can be a problem." Damon scratched his chin. "For you."

"Why are you here now?" The anger in Stefan's voice couldn't be missed

"I could ask you the same question." Damon stalked toward his brother. "However, I'm fairly certain your answer can be summed up all into one little word...Elena."

Stefan stared at his brother.

"She took my breath away, Elena. She's a dead ringer for Katherine." Damon began wandering around the room again. "Is it working, Stefan? Being around her, being in her world? Does it make you feel alive?"

Stefan's jaw tightened. "She's not Katherine."

"Well, let's hope not. We both know how that ended." Damon smiled. "Tell me something, when's the last time you had something stronger than a squirrel?"

Stefan sighed. "I know what you're doing, Damon. It's not gonna work."

"Come on." Damon stopped walking. "Don't you crave a little?"

"Stop it." Stefan looked pained.

Damon approached Stefan. "Let's do it. Together. I saw a couple of girls out there. Or, let's just cut to the chase. Let's just go straight for Elena."

"Stop it!" Anger boiled into Stefan's voice.

Damon was mere inches from Stefan. "Imagine what her blood tastes like!"

Damon watched as the veins poked out in Stefan's cheeks. Delight spread through Damon, and he grinned wider.

"I can." Damon taunted.

"I said stop!"

Stefan ran into Damon, sending them both spiraling toward the driveway below. Before they hit the ground, Damon jumped to the side. He watched from safety as Stefan smashed into the cement with glass surrounding him.