Founder's Day

After the parade, Mallorie walked to the Grill to change out of the corset. As she stepped into the bathroom, Elena appeared out of a stall. While Elena washed her hands, Mallorie struggled to get out of her dress.

"Let me help you." Elena moved behind Mallorie and unzipped her dress.

"Thank you." Mallorie pulled her hair out of the way for Elena. "We talked to Caroline. Damon apologized."

"Really?" Elena asked.

"I'm telling you, he's different." Mallorie felt the tightness of the corset release her stomach.

"And I'm telling you, I don't buy it." Elena grabbed her bag off the counter. "I may be mad at you still, but if he hurts you, I'll be the one to stake him myself."

"Thanks, Elena." Mallorie grinned.

"You're still my sister." Elena exited.

Mallorie slipped out of her dress and into her normal clothes. After removing her eye makeup and applying something a little less extravagant, she also left the bathroom. As she appeared, Damon stood in the center of the room with anger written across his face. Elena pulled Stefan out the door.

"What did I miss?" Mallorie asked.

"Nothing important." Damon smirked. "I like you better like this. That period look doesn't suit you."

"Why does that feel like an insult?" Mallorie asked.

Damon placed his hands on her hips and pulled her close. "I can assure you it's a compliment of the highest order."

 Mallorie pushed herself away from him. "You can't do that eye thing in public. People will know something is going on between us."

"What eye thing?" Damon then proceeded to do said eye thing.

"I've smacked you once. I will do it again." Mallorie glared at him.

"Don't be a tease." Damon grinned and slid closer to her.

Shouting outside caught their attention. Jeremy argued with Elena before screaming at her and then walking away. Mallorie looked up at Damon before he took off after Jeremy. Despite Mallorie's attempt to grab her things and chase after him, she lost them. With a shriek, she fell through the door that led to the outside. 

"Mallorie!" Elena squatted down and helped Mallorie to her feet.

"Thanks." Mallorie wiped herself off and began picking up her stuff.

"You can take this to Jenna's vehicle. She's taking my stuff to our house." Elena picked up Mallorie's makeup bag.

"Matt already told me I could put my stuff in his truck. Thank you though," Mallorie said.

"Let me help." Elena held out her arm to take more things from Mallorie.

"What about your brother?" Mallorie asked.

"Stefan went after Damon. Don't worry about it." Elena rolled her eyes. "I don't know what their problem has been lately."

"Have they ever really not had a problem?" Mallorie asked.

"No, I guess not." Elena giggled.

Mallorie found Matt's truck and used her extra key to throw her belongings inside. As Elena and she walked back to the main crowd, they still didn't see the boys. It was dark. Maybe their eyes weren't working very well.

Stefan appeared behind them. "Hey."

"Where's Jeremy?" Elena asked.

"Don't worry. He's over there." Stefan pointed over to Anna and Jeremy talking.