Half- Leads and Dirty Deeds

~ Mallorie ~

Damon was back to his normal annoying self the day after Mallorie returned with Klaus's blood. Elena and Mallorie threw themselves into trying to find Stefan. The only problem was that Klaus had disappeared. Katherine told them he killed Elijah, so there was no one around who could help them find Stefan. Sheriff Forbes was doing everything she could, but there was only so much the system would allow her to do. Ric and Bonnie were trying everything they could, too. When Damon could break away from Andie, he pitched in.

"Good morning," Damon said as Mallorie walked in reading a text.

"Hey." Mallorie looked up to see Damon completely exposed and still dripping wet from a shower. "Seriously, Damon?" Mallorie turned and shielded her eyes.

"You should knock. What if I had been indecent," Damon said.

"Last time I checked, I owned this house. Maybe you shouldn't walk around naked." Mallorie glared over her fingers.

"What can I do you for?" Damon asked. "Seems like you had something on your mind."

"Liz found another location to check." Mallorie shuffled through the papers Liz had given her. "Memphis."

"You mean another dead-end?" Damon asked as he wrapped a towel around himself that he had produced from God knows where.

"You don't know that." Mallorie glared.

Damon sauntered over to her. "You're right, Mallorie. This could be the one. After almost two months, this could be the one clue that tells that Stefan is alive and well and living in Graceland."

"Fine, Elena and I will go alone this time." Mallorie turned to walk out the door.

Damon used his vamp speed to get in front of her. "Right, and let Klaus know you're tracking him. He thinks you're dead; let's keep it that way."

Mallorie sighed. "It's a new lead, Damon. We haven't had one in a while."

"Okay, I'll check it out." Damon nodded. "If I find something, I'll call you."

"But..." Damon vanished before Mallorie could finish her sentence. Looked like another boring day at school for her.

*****

~ Damon ~

As soon as Damon made it to his room, he opened his closet and looked at his map. He heard the door shut downstairs, signaling that Mallorie was gone. All of their leads so far were plastered to this map. Andie had helped him connect a few dots, but it was mostly stuff Mallorie had given him.

"They moved on to Tennessee." Damon pinned the new note to Memphis.

Andie came over and examined the map with him. "Huh, that fluttered victim you had me looking into had family in Tennessee."

"Which one? Pensacola?" Damon asked.

Andie racked her brain. "Uh-huh."

"Up for a road trip?"Damon asked.

Andie smiled. "No can do. I've got to work. But I'll see if I can get you an address." Andie leaned in and kissed him. "See you at the party."

"Get me an address," Damon said. The only birthday gift Elena wanted was her boyfriend back. Who cares about a silly party?

Damon dialed a familiar number, and Ric picked up on the first ring.