The Devil's in the Details

"Have you seen Mallorie?" Stefan asked coming down the stairs.

"No. I figured she went home." Damon ushered Andie toward the door. "In case you hadn't noticed, I have other things on my mind."

Stefan rolled his eyes before pulling out his phone.

"How's the shoulder?" Damon asked Andie. "Got time for a bite? I'm so hungry."

"Oh, it's really messy. Can you just use a blood bag today?" Andie frowned as she looked at her watch. "I'm already late for work."

"No!" Damon groaned as he stepped closer and started to kiss Andie.

"What are you doing?" Stefan asked. "She's not a wind-up toy."

Andie pulled away and shot a deadly look at Stefan. "It's really none of your business, is it, Stefan?"

Damon smirked. "What she said."

"I have to go to work." Andie kissed Damon quickly.

"Ugh!" Damon moaned as she walked out the door. "Bye!"

"Damon, I'm seriously worried about Mallorie. She isn't answering my calls." Stefan marched past him and around the corner.

With a roll of his eyes, Damon followed but almost ran into Stefan as he turned the corner. "Um, excuse me?"

Stefan vanished down the stairs. Something had to be wrong. Stefan was panicking. Damon quickly followed. Shock covered Stefan's face as he stared into the cell that held Elijah. Damon rushed to his side. Elijah was gone.

Rage and terror fought for dominance in Damon. "No, she didn't."

Damon raced back up the stairs and picked up his phone. Mallorie would answer him. She had to. If she wouldn't, he would find her. On the third call, she picked up.

"Where are you? Are you okay?" Damon asked as he ran a hand through his hair. Stefan appeared beside him.

"Yes, I'm fine." Mallorie's tone indicated he was being overdramatic.

"Really? Because there's a body of an Original vampire missing from my basement when I distinctly remember leaving him there." Damon paused. "Where's Elijah?"

"He's right here." Mallorie sighed.

"Where?" Damon marched toward the door. "I'm on my way."

"No, Damon." Her voice was firm. "Elijah and I need some alone time."

"Alone time?" Damon growled. "Mallorie, listen to me. He can't be trusted. He'll use you to get to Klaus."

"Elijah is a noble man, Damon. He lives by a code of honor. I can trust him." Mallorie waited for a response, then sighed and continued. "He knows that I'd be incredibly stupid to betray him again. By removing the dagger, I have proven myself."

"You can't do this alone." Rage was winning.

"It's my decision, Damon. Please respect it. And don't do anything stupid. I'll be in touch." Mallorie hung up.

"Did she just hang up on you?" Stefan asked.

"She's lost it." Damon stared at his phone and started to redial her.