The 50s Dance

As Mallorie got dressed for the dance, she placed the compass on her bed. She had decided on a red dress with white polka dots. When she paired it with some red kitty heels and a white headband, she looked like she was from the fifties. A little curl in her hair topped the look off.

The compass spinning caught her attention. Mallorie watched it spin for a moment before calling Damon.

"Hello?" Stefan answered.

"Stefan. Where is Damon?" Mallorie asked as she walked toward her front door.

"He's heading your way. He must have forgotten his phone," Stefan said.

"Oh thank God." Mallorie released a breath she hadn't realized she was holding. "The compass was spinning. He must be here. Thanks, Stefan."

"You're welcome." Stefan hung up. 

As soon as Mallorie put the phone down, a vampire dropped from the ceiling. She screamed and tried to fight him off as he grabbed her. He was far too strong. As she struggled, his teeth crept closer to her neck.

"Mallorie!" Damon shouted before pulling the man off her.

The vampire flipped over her couch before getting up and running off. Mallorie fell to the ground in the attack. Damon pulled her to her feet.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

Mallorie threw her arms around him. "Yes. Thank you."

"Who can resist a damsel in distress?" Damon asked. "Plus, that makes us even."

"Just shut up for two seconds, please." Mallorie felt tears roll down her cheeks.

"Okay." Damon rubbed her back.

Mallorie inhaled his scent as she softly cried against his chest. She couldn't help but feel safe. While she was enjoying his strong arms around her, the door opened. Her head shot up like a rocket  Elena walked in. Damon moved away from Mallorie. Stefan stopped in the doorway.

"What happened? Mallorie are you okay?" Elena hugged her.

"I'm fine." Mallorie hugged her back.

 "How did he get in?" Stefan asked, still standing outside.

"He was invited in." Damon shook his head.

"Stefan, you can come in."Mallorie rubbed her tenples. "The only person that's been in this house besides my family is the pizza delivery guy last night. He must have posed as one."

"Well, he gets points for that. Did he say what he wanted?" Damon asked.

"No. He was too busy trying to kill me." Mallorie shot him a look.

"And you have no idea who this is?" Stefan asked his brother.

"No." Damon shook his head. "Don't look at me like that. I told you we had company."

"You think there's more than one?" Elena asked.

"We don't know." Damon sat on the arm of Mallorie's couch.

Stefan sighed. "Damon, he was invited in."

"Then we go get him tonight." Damon tapped Mallorie's hand with his index finger. "You up for it?"

"What do I have to do?" Mallorie asked.

"We'll all go to the dance and see who shows up." Damon shrugged.

"That's a bad idea." Stefan shook his head.

"Till we get him, this house isn't safe. For anyone who lives in it." Damon looked into Mallorie's eyes. "It's worth a shot."