Lockwood Luncheon

Mallorie woke up to someone knocking on her door. John opened it a crack and peeked inside.

"Good, you're here. Can you come downstairs, please? I need to talk to you." John smirked.

Mallorie rolled over. "I have nothing to say to you."

"Please?" John begged. "This is important."

Mallorie groaned as she pulled herself out of bed. John stopped in Elena's room and asked her to join them as well. John stepped to the side and allowed the girls to walk ahead of him.

"Do you know what this is about?" Mallorie asked.

"Not a clue." Elena shook her head as they walked down the steps.

As they rounded the corner to enter the kitchen, Isobel stepped out to meet them. Mallorie and Elena both exchanged horrified glances. Despite trying so hard to keep the house safe, dangers kept finding their way inside.

"I asked John for a do-over," Isobel said.

"You invited her in?" Mallorie glared at John.

"She has information about Klaus." John pointed his chin up as if he held any control over them. "Please just listen to her, okay?"

Mallorie bit her lip as she looked at her sister. Elena spoke to Isobel, "Alright. What do you know?"

"Let's be a little more civilized." Isobel strutted back into the kitchen.

After checking each other's comfort levels, they proceeded into the kitchen. Isobel took a seat at the table, John rested his foot on one of the chairs and leaned on it, and the girls stood near the island in the kitchen, trying to keep space between them.

"Since the last time I was here, I've been doing everything possible to find Klaus." She looked at John. "We knew our best chance was to find him before he found you."

"Best chance at what?" Elena asked.

"Keeping Mallorie alive." John stared at the wooden table.

Mallorie stepped forward. "You don't get to talk, okay? Not after everything you've done."

"Were you able to find Klaus?" Elena asked.

"No." Isobel examined her hands for a second. "Nobody knows where Klaus is but there are these rumors that are flying around. That a doppelgänger exists."

"Which means any vampire who wants to get in favor with Klaus will be lining up to capture you." He fixed Mallorie with a hard look.

Mallorie sighed. "I don't believe any of this." Her gaze landed on Isobel. "The last time that you were here, you made it clear that you didn't give a damn about me. Now all of a sudden I'm supposed to believe that you want to help?"

"Isobel's been helping all along." John's eyes fell on her. For the first time, Mallorie got a view of their relationship; John all in, and Isobel pursuing her own interests. "Klaus has been obsessed with finding Katherine for centuries. All it would take was any one of those 1864 tomb vampires to spread the word around that Katherine was still alive and it would bring him straight here to Mystic Falls, where you were bound to be discovered, so we killed them."

"And you almost killed Damon and Stefan in the process." Mallorie cocked a brow.

Isobel stood and closed the gap between her and Mallorie. "I have a safe house that I can take you to. The deed is in your name. No vampires can get in without your permission, not even me. Let me help you."

Mallorie shook her head. "You wanna help? Get the hell out of my house." Mallorie walked toward the door. "I have somewhere to be. I expect you gone when I get back."