A Homecoming

As the day moved into night, Mallorie started to want something harder. She began challenging people to shots. They all lined up around the counter with a shot in their hands.

"Ready...Go!" Bree said.

Everyone took their shot, but Mallorie was the first one to set her glass down. She clapped her hands and did a little dance in victory.

"That's three!" Mallorie looked at Damon and pretended to pout "Aw, do you need a bib?"

"Sorry, I can't unhinge my jaw like a snake to consume alcohol." Damon's eyes lingered on her.

"Whatever. All right. Who's next?" Mallorie looked at Bree. "Another round, Bree?"

A woman next to Mallorie piped up. "Honey, you should be on the floor!"

"I'm not even drunk. My tolerance is, like, way up here." Mallorie pointed at the ceiling.

"All right. Here you go." Bree poured them another round.

Mallorie watched as Bree approached a new patron. He gave her a bad feeling in her gut, but she tried to force it down. It was probably just the alcohol talking. Out of the corner of her eye, she could swear Bree nodded to them.

Mallorie's phone rang. She stepped outside to take the call when the mystery man from the bar grabbed her and pulled her away. Her phone fell to the ground as he took her.

With his turbo speed, he took her up on top of one of the tanks behind the building and left her. While she was trying to figure out a way down, Damon appeared.

"Damon! No!" She yelled.

The man came out of nowhere and smacked Damon with a metal bat. Damon fell to the ground as the man started to beat him repeatedly. Mallorie raced to the ground.

As she ran toward them, the man grabbed a jug of gas and began pouring it over Damon.

"No!" Mallorie screamed.

The man turned toward her and exposed his fangs.

"Who are you?" Damon groaned.

The man's chest heaved. "That's perfect! You have no idea."

"What are you talking about? What did he do?" Mallorie asked.

"He killed my girlfriend. What did she do to you, huh? What did she do to you?!" The man screamed.

"Nothing," Damon said weakly.

"I don't understand." Mallorie approached.

"My girlfriend went to visit Stefan, and Damon killed her. Got it?" The man hit Damon with the bat again.

"Lexi? Lexi was your girlfriend? She told me about you. She said that you were human." Damon groaned.

"I was." The man frowned.

"She turned you?" Mallorie asked.

The man sighed. "If you want to be with someone forever, you have to live forever."

"She loved you. She said, 'When it's real, you can't walk away.'" Damon tried.

"Well, that's a choice you're not going to have to make." The man pulled something out of his pocket.

"Don't. Don't, please, don't hurt him..."

The man lit a match. "I'm doing you a favor."

"I don't know who this Lexi girl was, but it sounds like she was in love with you. Be better than Damon. Don't do this. I'm begging you! Please." Mallorie begged. "Don't do this. Lexi wouldn't want you to."