The Ripper

Mallorie and Damon found Stefan in the woods beside the Lockwood estate. He bit into Amber's neck and she screamed.

"Stefan!" Mallorie raced toward him.

Stefan released her. Amber fell to the ground. As he turned to face them, the veins around his eye bulged and blood dripped down his chin.

Damon stepped between Mallorie and Stefan. "Stefan, come on. Get control. It's okay, come on. Breathe through it, man."

Damon walked toward Stefan as he talked. But Stefan didn't want to talk. Instead, he grabbed Damon by the lapels and tossed him into a tree. Mallorie shrieked and ran over to Damon.

"Stefan, stop it!" Elena shouted from where Mallorie had been standing. Bonnie stood beside her.

They must have followed us out.

Damon hopped up and pushed Mallorie behind him. Stefan advanced, growling like a feral beast. All of a sudden Stefan grabbed his head. Mallorie looked over to the girls. Bonnie's gaze was locked on Stefan. He groaned in pain.

Bonnie closed her eyes. Stefan stopped and looked around in horror. Elena looked just as terrified as him.

"It's okay." Damon held up his hands. "Stefan."

Before anyone can react, he shot one last look at Elena before running off. Mallorie grabbed Damon's arm and pulled him around to face her.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine." Damon kneeled next to Amber.

Mallorie followed. "She's lost a lot of blood."

Damon bit his wrist and press it to Amber's mouth. Within seconds, she sat upright. Terror filled her eyes as she searched for Stefan. Damon put his hands on her shoulders. Her eyes met his.

"You're not sure what attacked you. Something bit you and you blacked out." Damon spoke slowly but clearly. "These three girls found you and called me."

Amber nodded her head. Damon backed away.

"I'm going to get Sheriff Forbes. Make sure she's all right." Damon vanished.

The three girls comforted Amber until the police showed up. They immediately began to work on Amber. Mallorie stood to the side with Damon.

"She doesn't remember what happened." Sheriff Forbes walked toward them.

"It's a good thing the girls got here when they did. She lost a looooot of blood." Damon's hands were stiff.

"You didn't see anything?" Liz asked the girls.

All the girls looked at Mallorie, who glanced at Damon before speaking. "No, we just found her and then called Damon."

"Is she gonna be okay?" Bonnie asked.

Liz nodded. "It looks like it yeah. Why don't you girls get back to the party? Damon and I can take it from here."

"Okay." Elena looked between them before all three of them walked off.

Mallorie split away from the other two to wait inside for Damon. Shortly, Damon was back inside and led Mallorie to his car. The ride home was pretty quiet.

"Are you okay?" Mallorie finally asked.

"It takes more than a little tree to rough me up." Damon smirked. "But you're cute when you're concerned about me."