We'll Save Him

~ Mallorie ~

"Damon, when were you going to tell me?" Mallorie marched over to him and began examining his arm.

With a stern look, Damon pulled his arm away from Mallorie. Malloire matched his expression and grabbed his arm again, not caring that she scraped along the bite.

"He wasn't going to," Stefan said from behind her. "Not until he was too far gone."

"I already am." Damon pushed past her.

"We're gonna find a cure." Mallorie followed him. 

Damon turned around so fast, Mallorie almost ran into his chest. "There isn't one."

Mallorie tightened her jaw. "Then I'm going to find one."

"Look, I know I tried to save your life, but that doesn't mean you have to try to save mine," Damon glared down at her.

Mallorie's eyes filled with tears as she stroked his cheek. "When are you going to learn that you're worth saving?"

When the funeral and wake for Jenna were over, Mallorie threw herself into looking for a cure for Damon's werewolf bite. She enlisted in the help of Bonnie and Elena. While Mallorie stayed home the next day scouring over pages and pages in the Gilbert journals as well as Grandpa Dupuis's journals, Bonnie and Elena went to see if the Bennett witches had some answers.

From the library, Mallorie watched Damon walk into the parlor and pour himself a glass of bourbon. While it wasn't out of the ordinary for Damon, Mallorie felt a reason to keep watching him. He walked in front of the large window in the parlor and opened the curtains. Mallorie took off running. She got to him just as he pulled off his daylight ring and let the sun burn into his flesh. Mallorie tackled him to the ground, got up, and pulled the curtains shut.

"Are you out of your mind?" Mallorie asked.

"I could ask you the same question. Donovan show you how to make a proper football tackle?" Damon rubbed his neck.

"You're not doing this." Mallorie crossed her arms. "If I have to super glue that ring to your finger, I will." 

"Do you remember what happened to Rose?" Damon asked, slipping his ring back on.

"I don't care. You aren't dying today." Mallorie grabbed him by the arm and helped him to his feet.

"You can't stop me." Damon was inches from her face.

Before Mallorie could respond, Stefan picked Damon up and threw him down into the cellar. "No, but I can." Stefan locked the door.

"What's the plan, Superman?" Damon asked.

"I'm gonna find a way out of this," Mallorie said.

"Right, your miracle cure." Damon rolled his eyes. "Good luck with that one."

Damon started to cough as he rolled onto his stomach. Some blood came up into his hand. Mallorie gasped and covered her mouth.

"Lie still," Stefan said. "Conserve your strength."

While Stefan continued to go through things looking for a cure, Mallorie sat outside of Damon's cell with her own resources. 

"Did I ever tell you Katherine used to look like you?" Damon asked.

"What are you talking about?" Mallorie stood up and looked at him through the bars.

"I saw pictures of her. It was way back when." Damon waved his hand. "I saw portraits and pictures of her. That's why Rose lost her mind on you."