Not a Wishing Well

When the three of them arrived at the Lockwood mansion, it was bustling with people trying to prepare for the masquerade ball. Mallorie exchanged a look with Damon before he barged into the house.

"Your sister is probably here." Mallorie stopped Jeremy from entering the house.

"Okay?" Jeremy shrugged and tried to push past her.

"Look, your life is going to be easier if you keep your head down." Mallorie crossed her arms.

"I don't care." Jeremy marched into the house after Damon.

Mallorie sighed before following both of them. Before she could get too far she bumped into a solid body. With her mind elsewhere, Mallorie fell onto her butt.

"I'm so sorry," Mallorie said.

"Here." Mason Lockwood extended his hand to her.

Mallorie stared up at him for a second before taking it. "You're Tyler's uncle, right?"

"Yeah, the name's Mason." He stared at her. "Are you the kid Jenna just adopted."

"Yes, I'm Mallorie." She brushed some hair behind her ear.

"Hey, Mal, can I talk to you?" Elena asked from the doorway to her left.

"See you around," Mason said.

"Yeah." Mallorie walked over to Elena. "What's up?"

"You let Damon bring Jeremy here?" Elena asked.

"Well, I thought it would be better than him sitting at home or trying to do something on his own." Mallorie looked out the window to where Damon and Stefan were talking. "I can keep an eye on him."

"It just scares me, you know?" Elena asked. "After everything we've seen..."

"I know, but he wants to be involved in this. If we keep trying to protect him, he's going to do things on his own." Mallorie rubbed Elena's arm. "We protect him by letting him join us."

"Okay, keep an eye on him, please." Elena made eye contact with Mallorie.

Mallorie nodded. "I will. He's my brother now, too."

"You're right. I'm sorry. This whole thing has just put me on edge." Elena pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Try to relax." Mallorie walked toward the door. "We're going to get this figured out, okay?"

"Alright." Elena turned back to her box full of masks.

As Mallorie stepped into the yard she watched Stefan and Damon lead Bonnie away from a group of people. Damon had a tight grip on her upper arm. After scanning her surroundings, Mallorie took off after them. They stopped in the pavilion at the back of the yard.

Mallorie smacked Damon's hand off Bonnie. "I think she can walk by herself."

"Thanks," Bonnie said. "Now, what do you want?"

"A favor." Damon widened his stance.

Bonnie scoffed. "Like that's gonna happen."

Damon sighed. "So predictable."

"Listen, if you don't want to help him, how about helping me or Stefan?" Mallorie asked. "This is so much bigger than Damon."

Bonnie looked between everyone.

"I know how you feel about helping us out, but since you're the one that linked Mason with Katherine, we finally have an opportunity to get an upper hand on both of them so, just hear us out," Stefan said.

"Pretty please." Damon actually looked like he was in pain.

"Fine. I'm listening." Bonnie crossed her arms.