To Slater's House We Go

With a wave of newfound anger directed at Katherine, Mallorie barged into the Salvatore house willing to do whatever it took to break that curse. Before she could say a word, someone came thundering down the stairs. Mallorie turned her head to see Rose in a purple silk robe.

"It's not nice to leave a girl naked so early in the morning." Rose's face fell as her eyes landed on Mallorie. "Whoa. Sorry, I thought you were..."

Mallorie turned away and used her hand to shield her eyes. "I, um, sorry, I--"

"There's no one else here." Rose's voice was high with panic.

"I actually came to talk to you." Mallorie chewed her lip.

"Then I should probably get dressed." Rose's footsteps receded.

Mallorie cautiously turned back to the stairs. How could Damon do that? Just the other night he was asking how she felt and getting jealous of Stefan. Then he turns around and sleeps with Rose. Just a few days ago this chick was threatening her life.

"Okay." Rose sighed as she descended the stairs. "I'm ready to talk now."

"This might take a minute." Mallorie stepped into the parlor and took a seat.

Rose sat across from her. "What's going on?"

Mallorie drew in a deep breath and wiped some fresh sweat from her palms onto her jeans. "I want to meet with Slater."

Rose shook her head. "It's a bad idea."

"I have to respectfully disagree." Mallorie leaned forward. "From what the boys told me, your friend Slater obviously has more information about Klaus. You and Damon just gave up before you got it."

Rose scoffed. "Because somebody blew up a coffee shop with us in it."

Mallorie rose and started pacing. "There's more to learn. We just have to find a way to learn it."

"Why are you coming to me with this?" Rose crossed her arms and rested her back against the sofa.

Mallorie stopped in front of Rose and cocked a brow. "Because you owe me. One word from me, and Damon and Stefan could have killed you for kidnapping me."

"Or maybe it's because you know that they wouldn't want you doing this. And their moonstone caper gives you a chance to sneak away." Rose analyzed her nails.

"We're disagreeing, okay?" Mallorie tucked her hair behind her ear.  "They're willing to risk everyone that I love and I'm not."

Rose stood and forced Mallorie to meet her eyes. "They're just trying to protect you."

"And you've proven that you couldn't care less whether I'm protected or not." Mallorie sighed as she sank back onto the couch behind her. "So, we're back to you taking me to Slater."

Rose sat beside Mallorie, leaving some comfortable space between them. "What exactly do you hope to achieve by this?"

Mallorie thought for a second. "How would you like to be able to walk during the daylight?"

Rose furrowed her brows. "I've been a slave to shadows for 500 years, what do you think?"

Mallorie grinned. "I think I know a witch who's willing to do whatever it takes to help if you're willing to make a deal."

Despite the fear building in Mallorie's stomach, she loaded up in Rose's vehicle and allowed her to drive. The ride to Slater's was quiet but short. Rose pulled into an underground parking lot and slid her vehicle into an open space. Without a word, Rose walked into the building and ascended the metal staircase. Mallorie followed her to a beaten-up, white pair of doors.