I Need Your Help

"Wait, what?" Mallorie shifted closer to Caroline.

"I'm a vampire." A tear fell onto Caroline's cheek. "Katherine came in last night and must've turned me. I can't remember."

"Damon gave you his blood. He must've said something to Katherine." Mallorie frowned. "Are you okay?"

Caroline wiped a tear away. "Not really."

"What's happened so far?" Mallorie asked.

Caroline shrugged. "Nothing much. I stole some blood bags and freaked out Matt."

Mallorie felt fear clamp her heart. "Matt? What happened with him?"

"No, not that." Caroline rubbed her head. "He opened the blinds, and I lost it. But how could I explain to him that the sun burns me?"

"I get it." Mallorie looked at the windows. "Any news on when you're getting discharged?"

"Matt said tomorrow morning, but Mal, I gotta get out tonight." Caroline grabbed Mallorie's hand.

"Give me some time. I'm going to find Bonnie at the carnival and see if she can make one of those rings. We can help you. I'll be back. I promise." Mallorie patted Caroline's hand before exiting the hospital room.

As Mallorie stepped outside, she noticed the sun taking its dip toward the horizon. She flipped her hood up and made her way toward Mystic Falls High School. As she made her march, the sky slowly became darker. The lights along the streets flipped on, but they couldn't drown out the brightness coming from the school.

It didn't take long for Mallorie to find Bonnie at the school. Despite the loud music and the sparkling lights, Mallorie focused on her goal. She grabbed Bonnie's arm and pulled her behind one of the carnies' stands.

"Let me go." Bonnie pulled out of Mallorie's grip.

Mallorie lowered her hood. "It's me. Sorry, but I needed to speak with you privately."

"What's going on?" Bonnie asked.

"Do you think you could make one of those rings like Stefan and Damon have?" Mallorie asked.

"I think there's something in Emily's--" Bonnie stared at Mallorie. "What did you bring to my tenth birthday party?"

"What?" Mallorie scoffed. "Why is that important?"

"Just answer the question." Bonnie glared.

Mallorie shook her head. "I got you that PollyPocket amusement park thing."

Bonnie hugged Mallorie. "Thank God. I thought you were Katherine."

"I'm not, okay? Can I please know what you were going to say now?" Mallorie asked.

"Why do you need a daylight ring?" Bonnie asked.

"I would tell you, but I promised not to." When Bonnie gave Mallorie a hard look, Mallorie sighed. "I promise it isn't Katherine."

"How do I know you haven't been compulsed?" Bonnie cocked a brow.

Mallorie pulled her necklace from her shirt. "I haven't taken it off since this whole thing began. I even shower with it on to be sure no one can take it from me. I'm not compulsed, and I would never work for Katherine."

"I'll go see what Emily's book says. I'll meet you near the Ferris wheel in ten minutes, okay?" Bonnie raised her brows.

"Sounds good. Thank you, Bon." Mallorie flipped her hood back up and walked in the opposite direction of Bonnie.

Mallorie wandered around the carnival for a few minutes. Without intending to, she kept tabs on a few of her friends. Matt competed in some of the games with Tyler and a few of the other football guys. Elena, Stefan, and Jeremy laughed and enjoyed popcorn together.