Katherine's Back

It seemed like everyone from Mystic Falls was there to support Caroline. As the two of them walked in the front door, it felt like all the eyes snapped at them. Mallorie looked at Matt, who sat with Bonnie. Both of them had nothing but glares to give her. All Mallorie wanted to do was curl into a ball. 

Damon bumped her arm. "I'm going to go talk to Liz."

Mallorie looked up at him. "Can I go with you?"

Damon scanned the lobby. "Yeah. I'm sure Liz won't mind."

With that, Damon walked over to Sheriff Forbes at the check-in desk. She looked awful. Mallorie had seen Liz many times in her life with the turbulent childhood she lived. As they drew nearer, Mallorie's heart dropped to her stomach. Caroline had to be in a bad place.

"Liz, I came as soon as I got the message. Is she okay?" Damon asked.

Liz looked up at him with sadness in her eyes. "She's in surgery, it's--" Liz paused. "They're doing everything they can. I need your help, Damon."

"Sure, anything, Liz." Damon walked to the side to have some privacy. 

Mallorie stayed in the lobby. Though she took a seat by herself, Bonnie quickly approached her. With a sigh, Bonnie took a seat beside Mallorie. 

"How's Caroline?" Mallorie asked. "Liz seemed pretty shaken up."

"She's weak. They don't know if she's going to make it." Bonnie's eyes were bloodshot from crying.

"What?" Mallorie covered her mouth as Bonnie touched her other hand. "Is there some kind of spell you could do?"

"She doesn't know how, do you?" Damon reappeared in front of them.

Bonnie's head lowered. "No, I don't."

"No, you don't because it took Emily years to learn a spell like that." Damon sat beside Mallorie.

Bonnie's jaw tensed. "Well, I can take down a vampire, that spell was easy to learn."

After a moment, Damon's eyes focused on Mallorie's. "I can give Caroline my blood."

"No, no way." Mallorie shook her head.

"No, just enough to heal her. She will be safe in the hospital, and it will be out of her system in a day." Damon placed his hand on Mallorie's shoulder. "She will be better, Mallorie."

"No, it's too risky." Mallorie shrugged his hand off. "I can't agree to that."

"Do it." Bonnie stared at the floor.

"What?" Mallorie scoffed, and Bonnie's eyes shot to her.

"This is Caroline we are talking about. We can't let her die." Bonnie's gaze moved past Mallorie to Damon. "Do it."

Damon leaned forward. "If I do this, you and me, call a truce?"

"No, but you'll do it. For Mallorie." Bonnie stood and walked back to Matt.

"You're sure she'll be safe?" Mallorie asked.

Damon's eyes moved to something behind Mallorie. "Yes, but right now, I need to talk to someone."

Mallorie watched him stand up and walk over to Elena. The two talked for some time. Both of them seemed to get frustrated with the other. When Jenna appeared, Damon stepped back. Whatever was said, Mallorie could tell Damon was furious at the moment. She took that as her cue to go talk with him. 

Before Mallorie could get close to him, he turned to come back to her. Without a word, he placed his hand on her back and led her away.

"Where are we going?" Mallorie asked.