Miss Mystic Falls

"I can't believe you talked me into this." Damon sighed as he waltzed around with Mallorie.

"I don't remember much protesting." Mallorie smirked.

"That's what I'm talking about. Ladies, look at Mallorie and Damon." Carol Lockwood gestured to them. "That's the flirtation I'd like to see from all of you."

"This'll knock her socks off," Damon whispered in Mallorie's ear.

"What-"

Damon grabbed Mallorie's hand and spun her around before pulling her close and dipping her to the right. Mallorie stared into his eyes with a smile. Damon grinned back at her.

"No!" Carol shrieked. "There's no touching during this part. It's about the simple intimacy of the near touch."

Damon pulled her back to her feet and resumed the dance. "If you ask me, the 'near touch' is overrated."

"Not all of us were around to enjoy this dance when it was popular." Mallorie rolled her eyes.

"You wound me." Damon chuckled.

"All right, that's the end of practice for today," Carol said. "I expect all of you to rehearse your moves with your partner outside of these meetings."

"Ugh, I have to do this outside of the hour we spend here until the weekend?" Damon sighed.

"I'll make it fun." Mallorie grabbed her bag.

"Oh, really?" Damon asked.

Mallorie punched his arm. "Mind out of the gutter, Salvatore."

"Right, right. This is an evening of elegance." Damon grinned at her. "Don't want me to besmirch that."

"Come on. Only a few more days." Mallorie chuckled.

*****

Mallorie curled her hair in the astonishing dressing room in Founder's Hall. Today was going to go smoothly or Mallorie would have someone's head. A few of the girls flitted around nervously perfecting their looks. Mallorie dashed on the last bits of her makeup before grabbing her dress and going to a mirror to change. Damon looked back at her from the mirror.

"You can't be in here." Mallorie hissed as the last girl left the room.

"I wouldn't be if I didn't need to tell you something important." Damon took a deep breath. "Stefan is still drinking human blood. Normally I'd be ecstatic, but with the council snooping around I can't be too careful."

"We have to tell Elena." Mallorie placed her dress back on a hook.

"Tell me what?" Elena asked entering the room.

Mallorie shot a glance at Damon before answering. "Stefan is still drinking human blood."

"What? I know he's been a little edgy, but he said that was normal." Elena shook her head.

"He has a fridge full of stolen blood bank contraband in the house." Damon looked at his shoes.

Elena sunk into the couch beside her. "Oh my God."

"He has no idea what normal is, his entire existence isn't normal. Normal to a vampire is drinking human blood, but he spent all this time fighting it when he should have been learning to control it. Now it's controlling him instead." Damon scratched his brow.

"I can't believe this. I mean, it's Stefan that we're talking about here." Elena frowned.

"Stefan on human blood Elena; he'll do anything, he'll say anything because he's not gonna want to stop. Trust me." Damon's eyes were full of concern.